Awning Repair - Semifinal

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Well, the service tech (one of the two given by Dometic) ordered the replacement motor and the "pitch kit," back on Aug. 27. When it didn't come before we left on Sept. 10, he was told by Dometic that it was due to the holiday. It's still not here because Dometic has told him (after he followed up again on where it was) that they would not ship it until he sent back the original motor. This was the first time he's run into this, so now I'll have to take it to General RV to have them take it on after we pull it home next week. Then the BH goes into winter storage. Dometic knows they're putting out faulty merchandise but they want to play games. Can you guess which finger I'm saluting them with :mad:.

Last edited:

Bobby A

Sorry to hear your getting the run around, I know it has been an issue for a while. Hope you can get it resolved before next camping season. Good Luck keep us posted.

JohnDar

Sorry to hear your getting the run around, I know it has been an issue for a while. Hope you can get it resolved before next camping season. Good Luck keep us posted.

In all fairness, I will report that Jim B. upchannelled my complaint to management at HL. Dometic called me today on my cell phone (where'd they get the number??) at the campground. Follow up e-mails (easiest way to communicate up here) is that they will contact the service tech to find out what happened and they will contact General RV and send them the parts. Per the individual I spoke with, it is NOT their policy to require receiving the defective parts before sending out replacements.

So, I have been inconvenienced, missed having my awning (big time), and am slowly removing the knot in my shorts. Life goes on.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
"and am slowly removing the knot in my shorts"

And somehow managed to keep your sense of humor:). Glad to see it is finally getting worked out. Let us know the final outcome.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Boy I really hate it when my shorts are in a bunch.:eek: At least you awning isnt tearing up tires.;) Bob:(

Bobby A

In all fairness, I will report that Jim B. upchannelled my complaint to management at HL. Dometic called me today on my cell phone (where'd they get the number??) at the campground. Follow up e-mails (easiest way to communicate up here) is that they will contact the service tech to find out what happened and they will contact General RV and send them the parts. Per the individual I spoke with, it is NOT their policy to require receiving the defective parts before sending out replacements.

So, I have been inconvenienced, missed having my awning (big time), and am slowly removing the knot in my shorts. Life goes on.

Thanks for the update JohnDar, that Jim B really helps us all out doesn't he ?? Let ya know when you finally get it fixed. Glad your a little more calm now, I can relate, it wasn't that long ago I had knots in my shorts also. Given the chance, Heartland has come through every time.

JohnDar

I guess I'm more picayune than my wife is. She absolutely loves the 3670, faults and all. That Jim B and HL (along with some of their vendors) watch this forum is a major plus. I fired a shot across Dometic's bow...OK, maybe it was a 3 gun, 16-inch turret load, but it got action. The biggest problem not having the awning out is in the afternoon, the sun on the side is blinding. I had the local lady wash and wax the rig while we were away and it is WHITE :cool:. Over the winter, we'll be adding window awnings for the living room slide. Today, I lubed the majority of the rubber seals with silicone, the ones I could get at anyways. Tires are up to 100 psi, have been holding that for the summer. Can't get them any higher with my 3 gallon Makita (brad nailer) compressor. I'll have General RV repack the bearings and winterize the rig, along with doing the awning, when I take it in on the 29th. All in all, it's been a good summer with the 3670.