squeaky floors

D and J

2008 3055 Bighorn

the floors in the bedroom (at foot of bed) and floor in kitchen (right down the middle) sequeak when you walk on them. You can stand there a just step on/off the area to make it squeak.

Any thoughts?

gwblackjr

I have the same problem in the exact areas you are talking about. Would like to know the cause and what I can do about it!

2008 3055 Big Horn

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We had an '07 Bighorn 3055 with a squeak in the kitchen floor. We solved our problem with a '09 Bighorn 3370 with a laminated floor. No More Squeaks!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
If your rigs are built prior to Heartland changing over to a laminated floor, the best and most logical way to do this is remove the vinyl flooring and using a stud finder, drive more screws into the studs. I tried shimmong the floor from below but it started to squeak again within a few months. I also did the laminate flooring at the same time. Much easier and more solid than replacing the vinyl. At least for me. I currently have a pretty large area in the bedroom that squeaks but have not attempted to fis yet. I'm hoping to be able to get it from the basement storage area with construction adhesive.

Attachments

• After..JPG
    After..JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Before..JPG
    Before..JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 43

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Heartland is using a product called Beaufloor. It is a resilient flooring made of a polyvinyl, which is considerably different than laminate flooring...

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The squeak in our bedroom floor ended up requiring ripping up most of the bedroom and closet and replacing the sub-floor and welding some supports in.