Sundance 2010

Ram2500HD

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and me and DW were looking at a Sundance 2900MK 2010 and the 2800RLS.

My question is I have a Dodge Ram 2500HD model Laramie with a 5.7l Hemi and a 3:73 gear. Can I safely tow this unit with my truck.

Thanks in advance.
Ram 2500HD

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I tow my 2900MK with a 3/4 Ton - no problem whatsoever. It is a diesel however. I'm not sure the gas engine/tranmission combo can stand up to the torque required to tow the weight. I know the Ford specs are different for the gas vs the diesel. Check the Dodge towing specs for your engine/transmission.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Thanks Boat to 5er,

Was also wondering if the unit 2900MK would be ok to Full Time.

If not, why?

Ram2500HD

I personally would prefer more room for full timing. The 2900 Sundance is a great week-end and short duration trailer, but it has a smaller frame (10"), is lighter - even with jacks down and stabilizers in place you can feel some movement, and is shorter overall. It lacks a few of the "convenience" type of things - such as a desk, convection or half-time oven, washer/dryer connections, and is lower on overall storage space. Again, we love it for what we use it for, but would opt for something bigger/heavier for full-timing. Just my humble opinion.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I believe the Sundance was originally designed more as an entry level unit which usually is not used for full-timing. Not to say that you cannot full time in it but most would desire more amenities when full timing. The Big Horn and especially the Landmark would be more suited to ffull timing IMHO.

Ram2500HD

I believe the Sundance was originally designed more as an entry level unit which usually is not used for full-timing. Not to say that you cannot full time in it but most would desire more amenities when full timing. The Big Horn and especially the Landmark would be more suited to ffull timing IMHO.
Thank you all for your reply.

Think I will go bigger. Don't they say the bigger, the better ahah!

The more I get informed the more I think I will need a bigger truck to go with a bigger FW fot fulltiming.

Again thank you all for your replys.

Ram2500HD.

Ram2500HD

Ram, check out this post for info on what your truck can safely pull for a fifth wheel.
Read that thread the day after my posting. Thanks Augusta and it sadened me to see the pic of the crushed back of your FW. Nice pic of Gig harbor. Thanks.

You have a beautiful setup. Truck and Augusta 2010.

Ram2500HD

Hi ram 2500HD. Your truck suspenion could handle the 2900mk but the engine is lacking. You would need a velium everytime you decided to go somewhere. I have a 2010 2900mk with a 2006 F-350 diesel. One of the best pulling fifths i've pulled but when you get into the hills loaded you definitly know it's behind you. I pulled it over a scale last Sunday bacause I was curious and the truck and trailer weight came in at 18600 lbs and that was not full of water and all holding tanks empty and I don't even have all our stuff in it yet since we just bought it and left left 2 days later. Hope this helps you.