shown how to open slides 1 at a time !

chris60

Just came back from a 3 week roadtrip, BC ,Alberta, Idaho, & Wash. I had great weather & met great people . My thanks to a fellow Bighorn 3055 owner in Lethbridge for showing me how to choose what slide I want open if needed. I had noticed the 3 control knobs on the hydraulic system, but had just figured they were some type of adjustment for the service dept ! Now I can open the main slide without the bedroom etc .

So much for my dealer walk thru, but I'm still a happy camper,

on edit.. my rig only has 1 control switch inside, for all 3 slides, & I know some of your rigs may have 1 switch per slide

Chris

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Actually, on my 3670, there are only two slide switches. The main one in the cabinet inside and the other next to the hydraulic pump and four slide selector valves in the hydraulic/battery compartment.

azbound

In my experience many of the sales people know very little about the important stuff on the RVs they sale. But they all know you can tow a 16,000# trailer with a 3/4 ton truck. LOL

Enjoy the Road

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Can you explain how to do it? And where the knobs are exactly? Thanks
Anita & Wayne, Sorry to have to tell you this but the Big Country does not have individual controlling knobs for the slide outs. They go out in sequence, closest first, farthest last.

imchud

In my experience many of the sales people know very little about the important stuff on the RVs they sale. But they all know you can tow a 16,000# trailer with a 3/4 ton truck. LOL

Enjoy the Road

How very true.... It has always amazed me how little these guys really know what there selling... when you're sell something for 50 to 60,000 bucks one would think there would be a little training involved, go figure...
When we first looked at ours, a few months before we actually purchased it, our sales guy sat in one of the recliners in the 5er we were talking about buying and he lit up a smoke:eek:... My wife and I were just floored, we are both Ex smokers and I don't care if someone smokes, but come on, what was that all about....

jbeletti

When we first looked at ours, a few months before we actually purchased it, our sales guy sat in one of the recliners in the 5er we were talking about buying and he lit up a smoke:eek:... My wife and I were just floored, we are both Ex smokers and I don't care if someone smokes, but come on, what was that all about....

Man - talk about bad form! What was he thinking. Must be old school. Really old school.

Jim

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
How very true.... It has always amazed me how little these guys really know what there selling... when you're sell something for 50 to 60,000 bucks one would think there would be a little training involved, go figure...

First words out of my mouth would've been, "Well, guess we won't be buying this one."

imchud

First words out of my mouth would've been, "Well, guess we won't be buying this one."

The one thing i left out was that he was on his cell phone with his girl friend making plans for that night while he was smoking in the recliner... At that point my wife and I just walked out. But the funny thing really was two months later when we went to purchase our 3385 (not the one he smoked in) he came running out to greet us, like since he was the 1st guy to show us any rig's at his place he automatically layed claim to us. when i told him we weren't interested in dealing with him we would find someone else, he actually got a bit bent out of shape and said it was there policy that we should work with the same salemen that we origanilly started the process with. At which my wife replied, it was "OUR" policy not to purchase anything from anybody that didn't know, care or understand what they were talking about, let alone one that had the nerve to light up a cigarette and talk on the phone while we were in the middle of asking questions about their products. At that point he said he was sorry and just stepped aside...

chris60

My sales guy was fairly knowledgable, it was the young fellow that was doing the walk thru that did not have a clue. The built-in vac has that cover, I had to figure out when you slide up that cover up a little bit, it activates & you can sweep the dirt into it as well.