It's official!!

OhioJay

Thanks to everyone who welcomed me to the boards a few weeks ago. I've been busy with work (this is the "Christmas rush" for my business), and busy making preperations for our North trail 32QBSS. Well, yesterday we took delivery!!!!!! The truck did very well on the way home (about an hour and a half drive), and I didn't do too bad, either. I know bigger rigs exist, but the NT32QBSS is alot of rig to pull. Just takes some extra time, and some extra caution.

Sorry to say, we aren't staying in it this weekend. We have a wedding and some other obligations to fullfill. But, I did bring it home last evening to load all of our gear into it, and decided to park it in front of the house, and hang out. My wife was in seventh heaven organizing and placing items, planning and jabbering about everything. The neighbors all came over to check things out, and before too long, the adrenaline and excitement gave way to the beer and Crown Royal, and it stayed there all night!! The kids were up first thing this morning, eating breakfast in the RV. I think next weekend may be our first weekend to break it in!

I bought the rig from RV Wholesalers in Lakeview, Ohio. All in all, I recieved good customer service. The technicians there are on top of their game, and were great. I can tell you the sales departments communication with the customer left alot to be desired. Kind of an odd feeling to shell out 25K and not really know what is going on, when, or who is doing what. And some of the minutia of the deal seemed to evaporate at the last minute. For instance, the installation of the Equalizer hitch. The salesman promised free installation, only to tell me yesterday that they couldn't do that, and I'd have to pay the $100.00 for the service. This kind of thing really chaps my rear! It's a game of guts, really. The dealership figures they can squeeze a bit more out you at the last minute. And what am I going to do about it? I'm there, and I'm excited. The wife and kids are there, and they're excited. "He'll pay. He won't back out now. Not over a hundred dollars". So I didn't appreciate that too much. But, again, partially my fault. Should have gotten it in writing.

But, I'm not going to allow a few minor details spoil the excitement of the whole affair! The season is winding down, but we're hopeful to get out 3 or 4 times before we shut it down for the winter. Thanks again for the friendly welcome, and maybe we'll cross paths with some of you!

jimtoo

Hi Jay,

Glad you got your new baby home. They are a great way to start a conversation or a party.

If you need help with anything, we have a lot of information here, with mods folks have made or changes to your unit.

Please visit the forum often and have a great time with your new trailer.

Jim M

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Congratulations on your new purchase. FYI my grandparents lived in Lakeview, Ohio and my father and mother were born in Bellefontaine so I am familiar with your area. I even worked 1 season at Russel's Point amusement park at Indian Lake. A beautiful area. BTW don't be a stranger to the forum just because your camping season is winding down.

talley

Kids "eating breakfast in the RV" while it's parked at the house!!! That's one of the little pleasures we live for. May all your camping and trips maintain that bit of excitement. We all have had experiences at the closing of some deal that could put a damper on it if we allowed. You have the right approach to shrug it off and focus on the shared excitement of the family...that's the real value.

Safe travels

OhioJay

Thanks for the welcome! After getting the rig loadedup yesterday, I took it to storage. I wrestled with the Equalizer hitch for about 45 minutes before finally getting it off. I'm guessing it's not supposed to be that hard? I had to take both arms completely off, do some rocking and kicking, pulling forward and back, cranking up and down, prying, and swearing!! What a bear!! Anyone have any tips or secrets, please?

We are planning to take the rig camping for the first time this coming weekend. Being a stay-at-home father, who's kids are now in school full time, I figure I can have everything set up and ready to go by the time the kids are out of school, and the wife get's home. Excitement abounds!!!!!!!!

tmcran

Thanks for the welcome! After getting the rig loadedup yesterday, I took it to storage. I wrestled with the Equalizer hitch for about 45 minutes before finally getting it off. I'm guessing it's not supposed to be that hard? I had to take both arms completely off, do some rocking and kicking, pulling forward and back, cranking up and down, prying, and swearing!! What a bear!! Anyone have any tips or secrets, please?

We are planning to take the rig camping for the first time this coming weekend. Being a stay-at-home father, who's kids are now in school full time, I figure I can have everything set up and ready to go by the time the kids are out of school, and the wife get's home. Excitement abounds!!!!!!!!

I had good luck on our former Equallizer hitch by raisng the TV up about 3 inches above level then unhooking the chains and then bring the arms forward almost under the TV or until the catch release and then they will almost fall out. Becareful not to let them drop on ya. Do the reverse hooking up raise the TV about 3 inches put the bars in and then rotate them back to hook up the chains, then lower the jack back down and raise the landing gear.
Others may have some ideas as well to help ya.

imchud

Congrats on the new rig.... I loved your story, I think we all go through the same jitters when we bring home our new RV's... Its like bring home a new baby, you just can't stop smiling:D:D:D.... Best of luck

Tommy