09 Fall Rally: Ocracoke Excursion

What day to you want to go to Ocracoke

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hudson

I've put a poll on this thread to quickly and easily see what day people want to go to Ocracoke.

Ocracoke s a quaint village with lots of shops that the wives adore. The views are wonderful, the beaches are even quieter than Hatteras due to the ferry ride.

It take 30-60 minutes to drive to the ferry, about 30-60 minutes on the ferry (not counting wait time), and another 15-20 minute drive from the ferry to the village ... each way. The ferry is free (unless you bring your trailer and that needs a reservation I think).

There is a wonderful restaurant called "Howards Pub" just before you enter the village. This is not a chain and it's kind of like the way TGI Friday's used to be a long time ago. They have a full bar with lots of top shelf offerings and a beer menu that will make a beer snob drool. There's even a huge rooftop deck (but no waitresses up there). Umm, t-shirts are available in the village that call Ocracoke a "drinking village with a fishing problem" if that's a hint. I've already got one from Tarpon Springs, FL. (If you've ever been to TS, Ocracoke is like that but not as hot and not Greek.)

I would recommend carpooling for several reasons: we want to get the same ferry to stay together, the drinker to driver ratio will probably be high so the fewer vehicles the better, and we've all got big diesel-vacs so we'd save fuel. It's optional but recommended.

Now the two best days for us all to visit are Thursday and/or Sunday. You have arrive on or before Weds to do a Thurs trip. Or you have to leave on or after Mon to do a Sun trip. I and the other rally helpers just cannot do Friday. You could make Thurs or Sun if you check in early Thurs or late Sun.

Please vote for Thursday, Sunday, or Either/Both.

Hudson

Oh crap

I fouled up the poll and cannot seem to change it. It wasn't supposed to be multiple choice and there was also supposed to be "Either, no preference".

If you want "either, no preference" then vote for both "either, Thu pref" AND "either, Sun" pref.

jimtoo

Hudson,,,, is the poll like you want it now?????:angel: You had 3 votes and I put them in either :D

Last edited:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Designated Driver?

Hudson,

If we go on Thursday I will volunteer as a designated driver because one glass of Boone's Farm makes me take a nap. I just can't drink, so I don't! I would be happy to drive those who do so they get home safe.