Plaque is gone!

PSF513

Deb & I saddled up the Big Country on Friday morning to take our 2 grand daughters camping. As I did my pre-trip inspection, my HOC plaque was attached to my ladder. When I arrived at the camp ground 45 minutes later, it was gone. Guess the road ate it!

What does a guy need to do to get a replacement and how do you keep the darned thig on the ladder?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Pete, did it break or just completely come off? That is just odd! Hopefully you can get a replacement.

PSF513

The ladder mount is still in place. Maybe screws worked loose. Next time, I'm gonna super glue or fuse the plaque to the mounts.

SmokeyBare

I didn't care for the two tiny screws... I used a little " Thread Loc" on them and I applied a bead of silicone to the groove around the back side of the Oval Plaque.

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
HOC plackard

Say, I had a similar thing happen to my plackard. What happened to mine was that the plackard came off the "post" which holds it to the ladder mounting brackets. Actually only one came off and we were able to remove it before it was lost olang side of the road. It looks as though the adhesive they used wasn't strong enough to hold it together. I'm going to drill holes in it and attach it with small nut and bolt. That should hold it.

jimtoo

Hey SmokeyBare and Obscure person,,, both good ideas.. I will check mine tomorrow and maybe do both.

Jim M

jbeletti

If anyone is having trouble with the frame, they are guaranteed through PLAK-R, our supplier. There was some trouble with the quality of the plastic weld on some of the frames. The welding is done to those 2 pads with posts on the upper corners of the frame. With a bad weld, the pad comes off completely.

If you need a replacement frame due to failure, it's okay to contact Chuck and June at PLAK-R directly at 866-427-5257. They will take good care of you.

Jim

jbeletti

Thanks all for the info....just joined the club...when the plaque comes...will be sure to glue it on good....thanks! Bob & Sharon

Nah - you'll be okay with the standard mounting system. The frame mounts have been improved.

I will try to ship out your kit tomorrow (Wed).

Jim

fordtech 2008

is there a better way to mount the plaque when you don't have a ladder besides the double sided tape and without drilling holes in the back of the camper?

jbeletti

is there a better way to mount the plaque when you don't have a ladder besides the double sided tape and without drilling holes in the back of the camper?

I don't have any other ideas really.

Maybe suction cups and place it on the side of the RV by the door when you are at camp?

Jim

SmokeyBare

IF you have a window in the rear of your RV...

Perhaps some type of mounting tape applied to the back of the plaque and then attached to the rear window. I believe you will need to build the back side of the plaque out somehow to make it flat enough for the double side mounting tape to reach the window surface. Seems like it would be easy to get the glue off the window with out damage should the plaque need removed.

truknutt

Committed Member
You may wish to use 3M Command picture hanging strips; they're removeable.

Here is a link for a coupon (good 'til 11/05/09) if you'd like: LINK

felt1

This is my first time posting, but I have also lost my plaque. I am a
new member since June 2009 # 1281. I was wondering if anyone has priced having the decal made at a sign shop, or should I just call Plak-r
and get a new plaque.

Felt1