weight of truck

Rmcgrath53

Well just got done weighing my new to me truck. I have a large tool box and a Back Rack and every tool a carpenter can have in there, along with my hitch and a compressor. It weighed 8,660 lbs. I weighed my rig with my old 1 ton and had 2,500 lbs of pin weight from my 5er. The Gvwr on this truck says 11400 lbs . So I guess I have alot of safety margin now with the dually and I added extra leaf all around The extra leaf I was told added 1500 lbs extra.I replaced the whole spring pack on the rear axels and added the leafs then. So I could upgrade to a landmark and still be in a saftey margin. Could someone with a Landmark give me there real pin weight? Thanks
Ron

Attachments

• HPIM1448.jpg
    HPIM1448.jpg
    779 KB · Views: 18

CrazyScotsman

My 05 F350 Crew Cab Dually weighs 8500# with nothing but fuel on board, plus when I am hooked to the Big Horn, I am probably at 23,000 or real close to it, which gives me 500# before I go over the GCVWR which is listed as 23,500#.
My big horn probably weighs close to the Landmark, maybe a tad less.
3/4 tank of fuel just me in truck I weigh in at
steer axle 4880 #
Drive axle 6680#
Trailer axles 11000#
Gross weight 22,560 #
I now have a helluva lot more junk in trailer so that's why I reckon I am close to 23,000#

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Glad I got the GMC. I had it weighed with me, my big plastic tool box, the hitch, and a full tank. It only weighs 8040 lbs.