sink cover/cutting board

NSNorthtrail

Hi all,

I was camping with a friend over the weekend and noticed he (Not a Heartland owner) has a cutting board cover that fits into groves in his sink. I bought my unit new this year and it did not come with said cover. Is this a standard item on these units?? I have had 2 new campers in the past and they both came with them. also my sink does have the grooves for a cover. Let me know

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Our unit did not come with cutting board covers either. Maybe they are available as an option?

Nell

CIMG2438.jpg

We took Jeff's design but added matching hardware for easy on/off - this is my favorite mod!

NSNorthtrail

Nell,
Did they(Sink covers) come with your Trailer? Did you put the shelf above the sink with the cups on? Did you make the the top to go over your stove? That looks fantastic! What model # is is yours?

Nell

Nell,
Did they(Sink covers) come with your Trailer? Did you put the shelf above the sink with the cups on? Did you make the the top to go over your stove? That looks fantastic! What model # is is yours?

Thank you!

I had not noticed that I hadn't saved my signature. It is a 2009 31QBS. (signature now inserted) But it was ordered in March of 2008
The sink covers were compliments of my dealer Peco Camping Atlanta. When ordering the trailer I said I really wanted sink covers but at the time it wasn't an option. However 3 weeks later when we picked up the new trailer, there were my sink covers. My dealer had remembered and made a couple to fit :) THEY ARE THE BEST (Heartland take note)

We put the shelves above the sink in - there is one either side - I find them very handy.

My husband made the stove top - I got the matching Wilson Art (I think that was the brand) work top from Lowes - but the idea was from "Jeff" from the NorthTrailers.com he needs to take the credit for that, he was the one that came up with the matching stove top cover. Of course now you can get sink covers that match the work top.

NSNorthtrail

Nell,
I tried Northtrailers.com lastnight and it is down. I did not know that this website was out there. Is it still active? Thanks for the reply. Your camper ia a beautiful one. It is the first one we looked at when we were shopping. Love the quad bunks. It was a new 2008 that was greatly discounted. Long story short I waited one day to long and it sold. Having said that we LOVE our 28BHS. I will be building the stove top asap as well as the sink covers. Talk soon.

Nell

Nell,
I tried Northtrailers.com lastnight and it is down. I did not know that this website was out there. Is it still active? Thanks for the reply. Your camper ia a beautiful one. It is the first one we looked at when we were shopping. Love the quad bunks. It was a new 2008 that was greatly discounted. Long story short I waited one day to long and it sold. Having said that we LOVE our 28BHS. I will be building the stove top asap as well as the sink covers. Talk soon.

Peter,
Yes, the site is active and is pobably the place you need to be posting. Here is the link http://www.northtrailtalk.com/ This is a great website only for owners of Heartland North Trail trailers. Check out all the "mods" there are really neat things out there. It's a great group of people and very informative - look forward to hearing from you there :)

Last edited: