Landmark Augusta Sat. Wiring

Dawg

Are all wireing diagrams (ie) Sat. Dish installation wire location for the Landmark BigHorn the SAME AS the Landmark Augusta??? I have a 2008 Augusta and would like to insatall a Kingdome Sat. on top of my rv,but can not locate a pre-installed coax cable.

Thanks Much,
Dawg

Last edited:

debandal

Hey Dawg, try looking above the speaker to the right of the TV in the bedroom. That is were they were on our 2009, 3400RL Bighorn.
AL

Dawg

Yo AL, Many thanks to you! I looked under the right speaker and no luck,so I took off the left speaker and EUREKA!!!!!!!!!there that rascal was. I think the roof pixi in my rig might have moved it????? Anyway thanks again and now I think the hard part starts. Any advice AL?

Respectfully,
Dawg

jbeletti

Yo Dawg,

Consider fishing that from the speaker hole, over and into the bedroom closet.

When the dish installer installed mine, we needed to get a 5 wire cable (stereo audio and componenet video) from the bedroom closet where my receiver and sat controller is, over to the bedroom TV above the window on the door side.

Used a fish tape from the TV antenna jack/power supply wall plate, up into the ceiling and over to the speaker, then over to the ceiling mounted TV jack above the TV.

Not sure what you are running or where you are running it to. Perhaps you are extending the roof coax and running it to the UDC? If you can get the wire over to the W/D prep, you may be able to follow the plumbing to the utility area and over to the UDC.

That's how we got an HDMI cable from the bedroom receiver in the closet to a wall plate in the storage area of the basement.

Have fun, take your time, use the existing ceiling items as access holes, use a fish tape - it will work out.

Moving this thread to Landmark Satellite Television forum.

Jim

2010augusta

Dawg, Make sure to check the wiring for shorts BEFORE installing a dish on the roof. I installed a Winegard dual-LBN on the roof and a couple months later the wiring in the roof shorted and now we have a $300 dish that does not work, and Heartland and Dealer say the trailer would have to be at the factory to repair the wiring due to the probable location of the short.

Another thing to consider is, most campgrounds we have stayed at, we can not even use the roof dish (if it worked) due to the locations of trees. We have had much more luck with a tri-pod and dish DirecTV gave us for free.

If you want a auto homing dish consider a portable Vue-Cube, I believe they can be moved around the campsite to get a better signal.

Currently our Campground has so many trees we can not even use the tripod, so we have dropped DirecTV and signed up with Comcast for HDTV and High-speed internet.

jbeletti

Alan,

Bummer about the coax short. They usually don't just short out after some period of time. My guess is a poorly crafted F connector. There are several in this line. Some of which you can access and some you cannot. Murphy will say that it's the one you can't access that is bad.

The inaccessible set of connectors with a slice (I believe) is in the radius where the roof meets the side wall on the door side - likely above the bedroom window. I think the splice is there because the roof is prewired when it is built up as a single laminated structure, then placed onto the walls.

The 2010 LM/BH/BC use this laminated roof system. While it has several benefits - the only downside I see is the ability to run or replace wires within the roof. Gotta be tough to do.

While a lot of work, you could introduce an RF tracer signal onto the line and find its path in the ceiling. If by chance it passes over your upper bedroom cabinets, if one was willing to do so, you could cut into the ceiling nest to the wall and dig the wire out of the block foam, splice into it there.

Getting it down to a place that is usable would be a feat. I have my idea on how I'd do it but many would not share my sentiment.

If you end up tackling it - best of luck.

One other though on this and again, will not be well received by all, is to surface mount a new wire onto the roof and run it to some new point of entry. You can use surface mount Wiremold brand plastic molding and lap seal it down to the roof. I have seen this done with the wires themselves. Not pretty. In a small molding would be nicer.

Jim

2010augusta

Jim, I and DirecTV service techs have checked every connector we can access, so it has to be the inaccessible connector in the roof/wall radius. So far the repair/work around has not been an issue because of big wonderful shade trees at every campsite that block the southern sky from our unit, so the tripod has been our only way to get a signal, and now we have had to get cable because we would need a 20'-40' tower to clear the trees around our new site. I never thought the tripod would be so easy to use and regardless of the wiring problem, I now regret spending the money for the roof mounted system, it could have been used on another accessory.

timdebs

When I was talking to tech at Dish (he has a camper also) said he did not recommend the roof mounted dish because some times you are going to need to move the dish to find an open spot through the trees. I am glad he talked me out of it because trees have been a factor on some sites. He gave me 50' of coax so far that has given me enough to find signal. Would like to see pictures of your new campsite (home). Never been to Washington. Be safe.

2010augusta

okay, Timdebs here are some pics of the new campground and a shot for the other side
"hill" over looking the harbor. the first shot is our view out the back window.

Attachments

• DSCN8354.JPG
    DSCN8354.JPG
    193.1 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCN8356.JPG
    DSCN8356.JPG
    317.7 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCN8359.JPG
    DSCN8359.JPG
    266.7 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN8348.JPG
    DSCN8348.JPG