Everything Happens For a Reason.....(Kind of Long)

Rigmover06

This past weekend was the inaugural Alberta Chapter H O G Rally in Sundre.
Me and my tribe were supposed to attend. I left home on Wenesday with a Oversize load going to Vancouver. No biggy. Do it all the time. Get to Port Coquitlam on Thursday to deliver. Everybody is gone. Still deliver Friday morning be in Sundre Friday night. Nope didn't happen, no paperwork for load.
Family is kinda choked,but this is trucking.
Fast Forward to Sunday evening. Sitting in Glouchester Industrial Park in Langley BC. Getting the 10 Axle worked on. Security guard sees Diablo in the truck and asks if the White dog running around is mine too. What white dog I asked. Apparently there has been a white Pit Bull running around the back of the yard.
They wanted to call the RCMP and Animal Control to come deal with it. I asked to go see.
Dude is scared to death of Pit Bulls.
I walked over to there see the dog. He is scared. Running with his tail between his legs. I tried to coax him out with no luck. Figure he is hungry so I go to McDonalds for my supper and for Diablo Get a cheeseburger as well for the white one.
Spent another hour trying to get him to come and take it. Finally he starts to slink over on his tummy. He is thin and emaciated. Wolfs down the burger and sniffs me. He can smell Diablo on me and sniffs more. I get him to follow me back to my Pete and get him some water and dry food.
Introduced Him and Diablo after the usual dog introductions and sniffing in places.:D

Took 3 hours for him to finally allow me to pet him and be able to check him over. Calls to the Animal society today (Monday) tell me if I bring him in he would be put down by Friday if nobody collects him.
This poor boy has been abused and abandoned. Marks show on him of being abused. I have "Jake" as I call him now in my truck with Diablo and going to bring him home to Alberta with me. He now has a new home with us.
So my Heartfelt Apologies to Doug and everybody for not being there but apparently somebody else needed me more out here in Langley BC.
Next Time for sure.

Attachments

• HPIM3260.jpg
    HPIM3260.jpg
    450.3 KB · Views: 107
  • HPIM3255.jpg
    HPIM3255.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 101
  • HPIM3258.jpg
    HPIM3258.jpg
    498.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dan, I knew there was a reason I liked you. My kinda guy. We have been baby sitting #3 daughters cat for 14 years. My weak spot is for animals that are abused. Sorry to say, but most animals are smarter than people.

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Thank The Lord for people like you. We are animal lovers and have also rescued a pitbull. She is gone now and replaced with a lab. I think we will always have dogs.
I wish I had Michael Vicks email so I could forward your story to him.

Thank You, Mike

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I am so happy for Jake and for you! Dogs are God's gift to us...

I've been leary of Pits ever since our beautiful Katie was attacked by one in San Antontio...it had been a fighter, evidenced by it's horrible scars and condition, and it's only goal was to "kill the other dog"...Kate just happened to be the one she spotted. I never have blamed that poor creature, only the monster that did that to her. Unfortunately she was too far gone to be saved and had to be put down....thank God Jake found you....:) Enjoy each other...

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Rigmover, What an awesome thing to do. I truly believe Jake will be content with his new and loving family.

lelandpa

What a great story. The Lord sure does work in mysterious ways. Glad Jake has found a good home, keep us posted on how he likes camping!

Barry & Alana

Wow - very touching! You did a good job and I really enjoyed reading your story.

Enjoy your new family member.
We also have been babysitting 2 dogs for more than 10years now - :angel:

- so that makes us very happy dog owners! One that is now recovering from having a lung lobe removed in the spring. (Valley Fever).

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Thank The Lord for people like you. We are animal lovers and have also rescued a pitbull. She is gone now and replaced with a lab. I think we will always have dogs.
I wish I had Michael Vicks email so I could forward your story to him.

Thank You, Mike

bet you could go to nfl.com and email his team and they would see he got it.

Rigmover06

Fitting In Nicely

Well Jake has been with us for a week now. And he seems to adjusted to his new home(s) nicely.

Kids love him and the cat well she ain't too sure about him yet. LOL:eek:

Attachments

• Jake3.jpg
    Jake3.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Jake4.jpg
    Jake4.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Jake2a.jpg
    Jake2a.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 47

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dan, Jake looks well and putting on weight. You are doing a good job. BTW, the cat will get over it. Bob:D:D

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Dan, Jake looks great! Our first Pit was a red nose we named him Rudolph (how fitting) Thank You for taking that dog into your family. He will allways love you.

Mike

Garry & Bev

travel bug
We all kept watching out for your rig to arrive and were hoping that nothing serious had happened to you or your family. Glad you are all fine and there is a happy ending to the story! Looking forward to meeting you and your side kicks at the next rally.