Dehumidifiers

boatdoc

We use the Soleus brand. They are very quiet and work well. I have bought them for freinds and other family members also. We use the 40 pint ones and you can find them on ebay. No problems with any of them in 3 years, we have 5 in use.

cjbearden

Visitor
Alan, we have used the Fridgedaire 25 pint (Lowe's) for about 14 months and love it. The noise from it is about the same as the A/C. We try to primarily limit its use to nighttime. Great outside noise reducer! The water it removes from the air is amazing!

Gaffer

Over the winter

Any one use a dehumidifier in their rig over the winter while in storage? Lowes has 25, 50 and 70 pint models. How often would they need to be dumped? Automatic shut off when full? Is it worth messing with? Our rig is stored at home but I don't think I want to keep it plugged in all the time as that is hard on the batteries. I have covers for the roof vents and plan to keep them open so the unit can breath. Any other suggestions for uncovered winter storage in the Portland area's wet winter? Need to get through this first winter. Will be moving to the east side of the state next year and plan to build a shelter at the new homesite.

ralphpam

We have the Frigidaire 25 pint from Lowes. Have had it for almost 2 months and it works! It does turn off when full and also has a washable filter that when the light comes on you clean - amazing how much dust it has on it. We empty ours twice a day since we want it to keep working and not shutting down in the middle of the night. It is a bit noisy at first, but we are used to it - good gray background drown out the neighbors noise! We are in the Pacific North-Wet Washington for the winter!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Most dehumidifiers have a fitting on the side of the tank that will accept a standard garden hose. Try setting the unit near the shower, run the hose to the shower drain and leave the gray tank valve open. That way you don't have to worry about dumping the little tank on the dehumidifier.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
OK...question here -
Recently got a Soleus 25 pint model for the Cyclone. In 5 weeks of use it has only 'accumulated' less than 2 inches on water, and that was in the first week. I've tried the different settings without any change. Good air flow, filter clean, condensation build up on inside of windows (and freezing). Guessing I got a malfunctioning unit. Thoughts?

lwmcguir

What is the humidity in the Coach? If you are at 50% or lower with normal temps you probably don't need to run it. Does it have a humidity set point?

Draco Dog

Good info on a humidifier. I've always wondered if I should purchase one for my trailer, and if so, how many do I need. I have a 2010 3670 Big Horn. We are full-timers now. I'm wondering about just using the dry-z-air. Is that not good enough?

Thank you so much for your in-put.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
What is the humidity in the Coach? If you are at 50% or lower with normal temps you probably don't need to run it. Does it have a humidity set point?

You may be dead on about the humidity level. I don't know what the actual humidity is, but would imagine it's pretty low, it doesn't feel high. The dehumidifier has settings, but only LOW, HIGH, and AUTOMATIC. I don't know what they actually mean. I've tried all 3, so I assume you are correct, too low humidity to collect any moisture. Also, with the single pane windows, I guess they're just gonna collect moisture and freeze! :) Temp inside is staying @ 68-70.

boatdoc

OK...question here -
Recently got a Soleus 25 pint model for the Cyclone. In 5 weeks of use it has only 'accumulated' less than 2 inches on water, and that was in the first week. I've tried the different settings without any change. Good air flow, filter clean, condensation build up on inside of windows (and freezing). Guessing I got a malfunctioning unit. Thoughts?

Of all the Soleus I have bought for family and friends, I had to return one as it didn't work right out of the box. They work great and are very quiet. I too, have questioned it working sometimes but when the humidity creeps up it grabs the water and puts it in the bin.

2010augusta

well after more research and what a couple people here have said about the Soleus, I when to Lowes and bought a 50 pint Frigidaire unit yesterday. It is not too loud, and is seems to be working quite well. We have it in the bath room in the "corner" opposite the shower, and roll it out to the hall at night. It has been running for almost 24 hours now and has pulled out about 8 pints of water. My wife has noticed that her side of the bedroom and shelf/window seemed dryer last night.