Fridge doesn't work on elec

jgoddardg

Camping this weekend, noticed the fridge in my 3670 didn't switch from gas to elec when we hooked up to power. Tried turning it off, etc, but never got it to switch from gas to elec. It cooled just fine, but i'd rather use campground's elec than my propane.

jbeletti

John,

Check to ensure the refer is plugged into AC power.

Go outside and remove the lower vent cover for the refer.

Look to the left inside that compartment and locate the single AC outlet. If the refer is not plugged into it, find the cord laying loose there and plug it in. Perhaps it came unplugged.

Also, check all AC breakers in the breaker panels and Test, then Reset all GFCI outlets (kitchen and bathroom).

Jim

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Camping this weekend, noticed the fridge in my 3670 didn't switch from gas to elec when we hooked up to power. Tried turning it off, etc, but never got it to switch from gas to elec. It cooled just fine, but i'd rather use campground's elec than my propane.

Hi John,

I'm having a similar problem right now. I'm getting ready to take off in a little over an hour so I don't have time to troubleshoot yet. Will run on propane for the trip to Hatteras anyway. Will start checking for problem after I get down there. Mine did this once before, then started working fine again. Hope it's something simple-maybe a loose plug.

jgoddardg

Gus, we'd love to be attending Hatteras too, but earlier commitments prevented it this year. Good luck on the fridge - let me know if you find the problem. I'll follow Jim's recommendation and search it out next time we are out.

tmcran

Hi John,

I'm having a similar problem right now. I'm getting ready to take off in a little over an hour so I don't have time to troubleshoot yet. Will run on propane for the trip to Hatteras anyway. Will start checking for problem after I get down there. Mine did this once before, then started working fine again. Hope it's something simple-maybe a loose plug.

What Jim said. I had the same problem. Was the GFI in the front bedroom by the lavatory.