Troubles with new unit

Cycloner3950

Crazy for Camping!
Just a quick question in regards to some issues I have with my new 3950 unit purchased from a large retailer in Michigan. At what point do I start to engage the factory to get some action? It has been over a month and still no resolve to some serious issues on my unit.

I would be interested in your thoughts on how to proceed. One major issue at hand is a 8" cut in the vinyl flooring caused by a screw caught under the kitchen slide from the factory (so they say). Also various other small items that the dealer is turning a blind eye on.

I hate to be a pushy person but this is a major purchase that should be made right.

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
Contact Heartland customer service and speak to Eric or Matt concerning your dealer. They will then make contact with your dealer and see what we can do to assist.

smday

Don't be afraid to say the dealers name. It really sucks that the dealers are your best friend until you finally buy from them. As soon as your tail lights are gone so is that friendship. As soon as there is an issue with your trailer they don't remember who you are and your always put to the bottom of the list, and they will get to it when there ready to. The manufactures should be finding these dealers and taking there products away. If you can't keep your customers happy they are going to find another place to shop at. Ultimatlely most people will eventually get upset at the manufacture and probably not buy another product from them again.

Rigmover06

The nice thing about HL, is they do stand behind their product. If there is something wrong, the will do everything to make it right. Even if the dealer forgets your name after the check is cashed.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
If it is Terry Town RV in Grand Rapids, Good luck. Matt and Eric from Heartland finally had to get involved (with Jims B help) just to resolve some dealer issues for us. Had nothing to do with Heartland and yet they handled it.

Tom of Ypsi

Just taking a guess but "General"ally speaking this place is touted as the countries largest rv dealer. It does not state that the service after the sale is poor. Is my guess close??

smday

Most dealers don't get it that these units are not going to be our last ones. Everyone will more than likely end up buying a new one again with in 2-5 years(Just like an automobile). So why they haven't got it that if the service is exellent after the big purchase we will more than likely come back and buy from them again. For me i have bought from the 2 big local RV shops here in Medicine Hat, AB (Sterling, Holiday) and i won't be going back (as well as my buddies- 8 trailers bought within 2 years). Right now i am looking at the Cyclone 3850 and i am willing to drive all the way to Elkhart to pick it up. Wife and I are flying there mid October to check out the plant.:D This would be our 3rd trailer (first 5er) in 6 years (keep upsizing) and that is why i have joined this fourm to see how all Heartland customers feel about there products. So far i am hooked.

jbeletti

...Right now i am looking at the Cyclone 3850 and i am willing to drive all the way to Elkhart to pick it up. Wife and I are flying there mid October to check out the plant.:D ...

What dates will you be in Elkhart? I will be there Oct 20th for a couple days. Would love to meet you and even give you the grand tour.

If you are in earlier - try to make an appointment with Mike Aplin to give you a tour. Have all your questions ready for him. He knows the Cyclone and Road Warrior very well.

Jim

Jellystone

smday, I am a new Heartland owner and have a positive feeling about the manufacturer. I have spoken with a Heartland representative twice on the phone, once before I bought and once afterwards and each call was informative and pleasant. My dealer in Hammond, LA is top notch. Sales and service staff have been excellent during the sale and afterwards (good people). I would recommend Heartland and my dealer (Kent Mitchell RV) to anyone in the market for a trailer.

Bryant

smday

Jim we fly into Grand Rapids from Calgary Via Toronto on Monday the 19th and will be driving to Elkhart. We set the 20th to go to the factory and would love the grand tour. Wife is still borderline on her choices and i figure that seeing the Cyclone being made would make her feel a little more comfortable. We also are going to be checking out the BC and BH for my in laws who are also looking to upgrade there Monatana.

Bryant thanks for the info. Glad to hear that you have a dealer that you like. Will put them on my list. Now if only we could get the rest of the dealers on the same page. One thing that ruins a good trip is spending 4 out 7 days of your holiday waiting for your RV to get fixed because you didn't buy it from them. I'm not retired yet and when i get my holidays i want to enjoy them and not get frustrated by some dealer that doesn't give a crap if your happy or not. Sorry for the rant but its my biggest pet peeve.

lelandpa

Most dealers don't get it that these units are not going to be our last ones. Everyone will more than likely end up buying a new one again with in 2-5 years(Just like an automobile). So why they haven't got it that if the service is exellent after the big purchase we will more than likely come back and buy from them again. For me i have bought from the 2 big local RV shops here in Medicine Hat, AB (Sterling, Holiday) and i won't be going back (as well as my buddies- 8 trailers bought within 2 years). Right now i am looking at the Cyclone 3850 and i am willing to drive all the way to Elkhart to pick it up. Wife and I are flying there mid October to check out the plant.:D This would be our 3rd trailer (first 5er) in 6 years (keep upsizing) and that is why i have joined this fourm to see how all Heartland customers feel about there products. So far i am hooked.

I couldn't have said it better myself! Our dealer lost us and two of our friends, in the long run it hurts them more than they realize.

imchud

Just a quick question in regards to some issues I have with my new 3950 unit purchased from a large retailer in Michigan. At what point do I start to engage the factory to get some action? It has been over a month and still no resolve to some serious issues on my unit.

I would be interested in your thoughts on how to proceed. One major issue at hand is a 8" cut in the vinyl flooring caused by a screw caught under the kitchen slide from the factory (so they say). Also various other small items that the dealer is turning a blind eye on.

I hate to be a pushy person but this is a major purchase that should be made right.

When we purchased our 09 3385 we also had a slice in the kitchen floor about 5 to 6 inches long. The thing I dont undersatnd it took our dealer (now out of business) 1 day to get heartland to ok the repair, they took a picture of the floor and e-mailed to H/L and the approval was oked in about a day... As a matter of fact we asked if we could take what Heartland would allow for the repair and put that into the cost of a laminate floor, which they also oked.. Sounds like your dealer needs a attitude adjustment. Take a picture of it yourself and send it...

Tommy

Bobby A

Jim we fly into Grand Rapids from Calgary Via Toronto on Monday the 19th and will be driving to Elkhart. We set the 20th to go to the factory and would love the grand tour. Wife is still borderline on her choices and i figure that seeing the Cyclone being made would make her feel a little more comfortable. We also are going to be checking out the BC and BH for my in laws who are also looking to upgrade there Monatana.

Bryant thanks for the info. Glad to hear that you have a dealer that you like. Will put them on my list. Now if only we could get the rest of the dealers on the same page. One thing that ruins a good trip is spending 4 out 7 days of your holiday waiting for your RV to get fixed because you didn't buy it from them. I'm not retired yet and when i get my holidays i want to enjoy them and not get frustrated by some dealer that doesn't give a crap if your happy or not. Sorry for the rant but its my biggest pet peeve.

You are doing the right thing, tour the plant, ask the right questions, make the right connections. Jim B is a GREAT asset to Heartland and its customers. You will not find a better RV manufacture that truely cares what the customer thinks, they have proven it to me more than once. BTW, Jim, we will be coming to Elkhart on or around the 20th, will be staying at our favorite C/G in Elkhart for a couple days before heading to FL. for the winter. E-mail or call me as time gets closer, maybe we can meet.

Cycloner3950

Crazy for Camping!
Thanks to all for the input and advice, at thsi point I am going to refrain from mentioning the name of the dealer because I still believe that they are going to do the right thing but if not, trust me the word will travel fast!

I have already talked to Matt and he is awesome. He is working on a solution as we speak. What really ****es me off is that today I found 4 more screws in the rubber dust seal under the kitchen slide plus a piece of copper wire, just waiting to get pulled inand finish off the vinyl floor for good. At least I found them first.

jbeletti

...What really peavees me off is that today I found 4 more screws in the rubber dust seal under the kitchen slide plus a piece of copper wire, just waiting to get pulled in and finish off the vinyl floor for good. At least I found them first.

Sorry about all this. Wanted you to know that I turned this into the Cyclone plant so they are aware at the production level and can make changes on the line to ensure we get those area CLEANED well before they are operated and then shipped out.

Sorry again and thanks.

Jim

gpshemi

I haven't had the best of luck at Lakeshore RV or RVWholesalers...if either of those are your dealer. Neither stay engaged in the conversation long enough to get me a price on what I want. Seemed too busy for me. The conversation just seems to go in circles till they wore me down, never got me what I wanted, and I gave up on it all for a while.

Heartland is a cool product, but they'll only move as well as dealers can sell them.