Slide cylinder (Booth) - threaded adjustment rod

Cycloner3950

Crazy for Camping!
Can somebody please confirm that this is correct (see picture). Seems to me that the nut should be threaded on a few more turns at least. It is just hanging on by the last few threads.

Also, look at the custom trim job by the dealer!

Attachments

• DSC00256.JPG
    DSC00256.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 163
  • DSC00255.JPG
    DSC00255.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 144

tmcran

And when is the dealer going to do the repair?????? Yep, that looks like it could be tightened a little. Might put some thread locker on it also.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Cycloner3950, I would be cautious about tightening that nut. It will have an effect on the closing of your slide. Think pulling it in to far. That doesn't mean it can't be done, it just means that you will have to make other adjustments to offset what you do. I would suggest the job be done by a dealer that knows what to do. Oh yea, nice custom trim work. Let us know how the adjustment turns out.

Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
As cookie said, that nut is the adjustment nut for the slide out fully closed position. WHen your slide is in all the way, is there more room for that corner to come in any further? If so, then you can take up a turn of two and check again. Make sure both sides are coming in the same amount/distance.

porthole

Retired
Looks like mine.

Here is the adjudtment procedure from Lippert

Attachments

• Slide Adjustment.pdf
    846.4 KB · Views: 65

Cycloner3950

Crazy for Camping!
Thanks people, I really appreciate the advice and comments. The slide adjustment procedure is very informative. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Cycloner3950

Crazy for Camping!
Thanks people for responding, I appreciate your responses and advice. I will take note and leave the adjustment to the pros. The problem is finding these "pros" at the dealers when you hear so many horror stories about units being damaged when in for service or repairs. The sad thing is that this was said to be adjusted at the dealer.

Also appreciate the Lippert slide adjustment guide! Thanks for sending this.:D

xcflyn

BTW: I would not use thread locker unless you know exactly what type to use (cant tell you off the top of my head) , But "IF" I am correct, that nut is a nylock which many of the lock tights will eat the plastic locking material. The factory used this type of nut without any type of thread locker for a reason.

Last edited:

Northern Virginia
BTW: I would not use thread locker unless you know exactly what type to use (cant tell you off the top of my head) , But "IF" I am correct, that nut is a nylock which many of the lock tights will eat the plastic locking material. The factory used this type of nut without any type of thread locker for a reason.

That's right. Those types of nylon lock nuts should not need any Loctite. They're hard enough to move with wrenches.