Rear axle alignment question?

Cycloner3950

Crazy for Camping!
Does this look right? The rear wheel appears to be way off and ut of alignment. I measured distance from middle wheel (center to center) each side and it is off over 1/2". I think I bought a unit built on a Friday......

Attachments

• DSC00254.JPG
    DSC00254.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC00258.JPG
    DSC00258.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 72

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
This can have this measurement simply based on how you backed or drove the unit into your lot. The starting point would be to pull the unit forward 40' then measure it. If it is still off take it to your dealer and have it inspected. They will then contact Lippert and Heartland to determine the cause and if it is a concern.

Cycloner3950

Crazy for Camping!
Thanks for the input. So basically the rear axle or any of the three could move that much out of alignment? This seems really odd.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thanks for the input. So basically the rear axle or any of the three could move that much out of alignment? This seems really odd.
What Mr. Fenner is trying to say is this. If you just completed a turn or maneuver going forward or in reverse, the axles may appear to be out of alignment. Pulling forward in a straight line for a distance will allow the axles to true up and return to their normal position. They MAY still be out of alignment but at least you'll know that it's not due to axle flex which occurs normally in turns and maneuvers.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I was always told and you can see it too that if you back into a sight to be sure to pull straight forward and then straight back to align the axles and tires so as not to leave them in a bind when you are parked. When you make a tight turn you can actually see the misalignment. They are designed that way though to put less stress while turning.