Meaner Kleaner

imchud

has anybody use a product called "Howels Meaner Power Kleaner" My 2005 Dodge ram turbop diesel has been rough idling when I stop... I just changed out my fuel filter and it seemed to help a bit but it still shakes at a stop, i was told to try the meaner kleaner, any thoughts???

Tommy

2010augusta

I use Diesel Kleen (the white jug) with every fill-up. I mix 4 oz / 20 gallons of fuel. I was told, a few weeks ago, that unlike gasoline, Diesel arives at the stations as just plain diesel and it is up to the stations or someone else to add the "additives" and any cleaners. It is vitality important to use additives in the Pre-2007 diesels to make of the loss of lubricity with the ultra-low sulfur fuels that are now at the pumps. Some even suggest doubling or tripling the suggested ratios for adding cleaners to diesel fuel.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I use Diesel Kleen (the white jug) with every fill-up. I mix 4 oz / 20 gallons of fuel. I was told, a few weeks ago, that unlike gasoline, Diesel arives at the stations as just plain diesel and it is up to the stations or someone else to add the "additives" and any cleaners. It is vitality important to use additives in the Pre-2007 diesels to make of the loss of lubricity with the ultra-low sulfur fuels that are now at the pumps. Some even suggest doubling or tripling the suggested ratios for adding cleaners to diesel fuel.

That's about the same ratio I've been using in my 2009 since I got it. I use the gray jug, though.