Bighorn 3400RL

highrail

Just pulled the trigger, as youall say, today. Ordered a Bighorn 3400RL from Lakeshore RV in Muskeygon MI. Anyone out there dealt with this dealer before. Good ratings on Ebay but thats all I know about them. Will have to drive 600 miles to pick up but for a free hitch, installation and 5000 cheaper than most don't guess I can complain. I have a new Dodge 2500 Cummins diesel 6speed with a 11:50 rear axel HD suspension front and rear. I belive it will do the trick.
Last trailer, a 30 ft. tow behind. was 20 years ago so all advice will be appreciated.

Thanks
Tom, Diana and Miss Pretzel ( Chocolate and Tan Dachshund )

Tom of Ypsi

Tom and Diana,
Congratulations on you new purchase and welcome to the forum and the Hertland family. Take your time and read everything on this forum. Members are very knowledgable about their coachs plus the Ask the Factory portion is an added bonus. Check out the rally forum for 2007 and make plans now for that. When picking up your new coach do a thorough PDI, see if you can stay in a campground near the dealer (lots of nice ones in that area) and enjoy. Have a safe travel, happy camping and hope to see you on the road.

DennisZ

Tom & Diana
We just took delivery of a new 3055RL from Lakeshore. We dealt with John, he was very knowledgable and helpful throughout the process. We had our rig delivered to us in California, as it would have been a long trip to MI, and John gave us a 1000 miles of free delivery.​

The rig was delivered in great shape and it appeared that the PDI they did caught most of the items that I would have suspected to find. We only have a couple of minor items that I can take care of myself (i.e. the air conditioning ducts).

Overall it was a very good experience dealing with Lakeshore. Before purchasing the rig from them, I talked to the factory to find out about their reputation, and they were given high marks, as one of their best dealers. Hope you all enjoy your new unit.
;)

svd

Another Vote for Lakeshore RV

Tom,
Congratulations on your purchase! We also purchased a 3400 from John at Lakeshore, and were very pleased. I couldn't find a better price by far, and the rig was clean and ready to go when I got there. We picked it up on a Saturday, and they spent nearly 8 hours with us on PDI and making small repairs. We haven't needed to return, but I think the service would be great. Good luck, I hope you are as happy when you get your coach as we were!

J

jjjelm

svd said:
Tom,
Congratulations on your purchase! We also purchased a 3400 from John at Lakeshore, and were very pleased. I couldn't find a better price by far, and the rig was clean and ready to go when I got there. We picked it up on a Saturday, and they spent nearly 8 hours with us on PDI and making small repairs. We haven't needed to return, but I think the service would be great. Good luck, I hope you are as happy when you get your coach as we were!

We are leaving this week from Wyoming to go to Lakeshore to pick up our new Big Horn 3055RL.....any words of advice for us. I have been told they have "on site" R.V. camping for buyers while the PDI is going on...did you stay there or has anyone else? Wonderful Wyoming

svd

I am glad you mention the camping at the dealership, I forgot to mention that. While I did not use it or see it, they apparently do have a pad with electricity to test your rig out for an evening. I would try to get there early, plan to spend the day, and take your time going over everything. Once again I was very pleased with everything.

The dealership is owned and operated by 3 brothers, and all are very helpful. They also seem to have a great service team. I added several things to our unit after we got there, like rain covers over the roof vents, upgrade to 2 - 6 volt batteries, and a pinbox level.

If you have time, I would also consider spending a day or two in the area, there are several nice parks, and if you have never seen Lake Michigan, you should take the time, it is beautiful. It will also give you a couple days to check everything out before the trip home. Good Luck!

driver311

been looking at bighorns

i looked at the ad from lakeshore. its only options are wheels & jacks. when i look at other dealers ads theres are fully loaded and have lots longer warranty. i can only find about 1000$ difference in price. it looks like to me if u compare the same units there are other dealers who are cheaper. let us know how it gos.None None

driver311

DennisZ

Actually I found that for the same unit, Lakeshore was about $5000 lower than the locals. There aren't to many options that can be had on the units. If you look in some earlier posts, you will see a Bighorn list price calculator that I posted, it will really tell you what kiind of deal you are getting.

svd

I found that the manufacturer warranty is 1 year, I checked with the factory. When we bought, the aluminum wheels and electric rear jacks were included in the price. There are components inside the trailer that have longer warranty, like the fridge, plumbing, etc. You can buy extended warranty, which we also decided to do. We saved more than $5,000 from the next lowest price also. In any case, I think you will like the Bighorn!

Congratulations on your decision. I know nothing about your dealer but we have also just "pulled the trigger" on a 3400 RL. Should have it in 5 weeks or so. Can't wait! I think it is a great coach!!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Congrats on your order Steve. We really like our 3400. I think Heartland has made changes that make the 08's even nicer. Safe Travels

SmokeyBare

Tom, Diana and of course Miss Pretzel,

Your going to love your New 3400RL BigHorn. We have had ours for for three months now and We are so very pleased with the quality of this RV. We selected a different dealer than you but what really matters is if your happy with the deal and the dealer. I'm sure you will be with both.

Marv

Since you have had your Bighorn for awhile now, what do you think? We are seriously thinking about buying a Bighorn from Lakeshore. We are in Kansas, but for the $ it looks like it be worth the trip. Not many Heartland dealers in our area.

Bighorn w/2500 TV

SmokeyBare said:
Tom, Diana and of course Miss Pretzel,

Your going to love your New 3400RL BigHorn. We have had ours for for three months now and We are so very pleased with the quality of this RV. We selected a different dealer than you but what really matters is if your happy with the deal and the dealer. I'm sure you will be with both.

Marv

I see by your signature that you are pulling the 3400 with a Chevy 2500 Diesel. Do you feel that the TV is enough for the RV? We are looking at the same.