No Cable

tmax264

Just purchased the 3812. Love this unit has a 14 cubic refrig with icemaker and plenty of room around bed to get in and out of. My problem is with the cable. I can not get it to find any channels. Stayed at two different campgrounds with cable and nothing from either one. I have the cable connected on the outside to the cable in on the outsided where it is marked cable. The cable behind the TV (Jensen) is connected to the cable outlet and to the TV in. I go to the menu on the TV and select Cable and run the channel scan, get no channels. In the bedroom there is a outlet with two cable connects and a red button which I know is the antenna boost beside this plate is another outlet with one cable connection. Should there be a jumper from one of these to the other one. The air antenna works fine. Thanks

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Just in case you haven't tried this, turn off the antenna booster (little red button) when using cable. This allows the cable signal through the amplifier

wdk450

Cable Problems

You might want to buy a 25 foot piece of RG-59 cable and run it in through a door or a window, connect it to the TV, and see if the TV works O.K. Have you been able to get over-the-air signals on the TV? Anyways, this direct connection will help you decide if the problem is your TV or the cable signal path.

Dragoon

If you have tried all the suggestions above. You might want to try the different input connections in the UDC. Ours was wired wrong. They had one of the satellite connections switched with the cable input.

trvlrerik

I had a similar problem but I found that I had "clicked" on the wrong input on the television menu. The kids had it all sorted out after about an hour.

tmax264

I have not tried connecting to the satellite inputs. I did turn off the antenna booster and did get 6 channels but where all snowy. The air antenna works fine. I ran the coxial cable thru a window and direct in to TV and it work fine. It must be the input on the outside. Will take it by a dealer and have it checked out. But at least I can run thru the window and get cable. Can't be missing any games are races.:D