Gardens RV Village - Crossville, TN

jbeletti

There are a couple of RV Communities in Tennessee that I am aware of. In this thread, I will share what we have learned about Gardens RV Village in Crossville, TN.

- 76 miles west of Knoxville
- 113 miles east of Nashville
- 326 miles east of Memphis
- 200 miles north of Atlanta

Development Information
- Development website: www.gardensrvvillage.com
- Developer: Tim Wilson
- Phone: 931-456-7794
- Email: teresa@gardensrealtyllc.com
- YouTube videos by: rvretirementhomeport
- YouTube videos by: rvgarage

Age of Community
- 10 years old (~1999)

Type of RV Community
- Homes with RV garages

Home Types
- Homes are sited "duplex" or "side-by-side" style
- Owners have flexibility in home styles and sizes
- Use a developer design, bring your own design or have developer design what you want
- Garages are attached to the homes and are fully enclosed (up to 80 feet long)

Lot Sizes
- .23 to .50 acres (lots sold separately from home except home resales)

Lot Costs

- $42k - $60k in the newest phase (6) as of September 2009

Home Costs
- $150k - $300k+ (just my estimates based on what I have seen on past home prices)

Assessment Fees

- $250 base annual assessment for unimproved lots (as of 2006)
- $320 base annual assessment for improved lots (as of 2006)
- Base Annual Assessment only covers maintenance of common areas. It does not include any home maintenance

My Experience with this Community
I have no experience other than interaction with the developer on potential purchase and interaction with one home owner there. So far so good. People seem to love this place.

My Recommendation of this Community
I have no recommendation as of yet as I do not live there and have not spoken to enough owners (2009-Sept).

More Information

Last edited:

vangoes

Jim,
I have lived here in Crossville for 3 1/2 years now. I retired from St. Louis and moved here. It is a small retirement community and is considered the Golf Capital of Tennessee. Obviously the golf, the cost of living and the mild climate is the attractive aspects for retirees. As far as the RV Gardens, it is an attractive development in a very good location of the city.

jbeletti

Hi Van,

Thanks for the feedback on Crossville and Gardens RV Village. With this new forum, it is my hope that we end up with a decent number of RV Communities being represented in order to serve as a starting point for this interested in such communities.

I am dropping you an email about a trip I have coming up to your area.

Jim

B

bsedor

Tennesee

What other RV Communities do you know of in Tennesee?

THX!

Bob

jbeletti

Our Home Design in Phase 6 - Lot 2 at Gardens RV Village - Crossville, TN

Well, we have finished our own first pass at a home design and have sent it to our developer/builder to review and estimate.

While we know there will be changes to be made, we're hopeful the basic layout will be viable.

See attached PDF to see the lay out.

Jim

07-31-10 Details:
2234 square feet of living space on a slab (3 bedroom and 2 baths)
1785 square feet of garage space (RV and car)
864 square fee of deck (with 342 square feet of it covered)
174 square feet of front porch (covered)

Attachments

• Home - 07-31-10 b.pdf
    787.6 KB · Views: 137

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Really nice Bro...but there's something missing...no RV spot for Sis' rig??? Seriously...looks like it will be a beautiful home...congrats!!

jbeletti

Oh Sis' - you judge too quickly :)

Not shown in the floor plan is a 50 amp power outlet, water and Direct TV outlet outside the RV garage door for my traveling through friends to squat for a day or two.

I got your back!

Jim

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Oh Sis' - you judge too quickly :)

Not shown in the floor plan is a 50 amp power outlet, water and Direct TV outlet outside the RV garage door for my traveling through friends to squat for a day or two.

I got your back!

Jim

Now we're talking!! I knew you'd always look our for me....:eek:

porthole

Retired
I like it - but the Jersey Shore Snob Goldens think the doggie area is a little small for anything but a Yorkie.

Oh yeah - thats right

convert

Reginald Hromek
Re: Our Home Design in Phase 6 - Lot 2 at Gardens RV Village - Crossville, TN

Hey Jim,
nice pad whats the build date?
Reg Hromek "convert"

talley

Jim... after leaving the Nashville rally, Diane and I spent a week at Deer Run RV at Crossville. I was doing some family research from the 1850's in Sparta (White County), Cumberland County and Fentress County. Don't know if there are any living relatives, but did locate cemetery locations of great-great-grand parents and other ancestors. Two (Lewis and George Oakes) are listed on Confederate side of the memorial on Main St in Crossville.

When returning from Sparta on Hwy 72 Diane noticed a very nice RV community. I then recalled that you had posted sometime back about looking for such a commmunty. Jimtoo also mentioned your interest in Crossville. During our visit there we found very friendly and helpful people. It is a nice area and the town seems progressive. New Library, well kept ollder downtown area and growing businesses.

The Gardens community looks very, very nice... well-kept and maintained. Takes lots of work... save time for Rving!!!

Good luck with your plans and buillding project

Jerry & Diane
View attachment 9611View attachment 9610View attachment 9609

jbeletti

Buddy and Maureen - this will be in Crossville, TN

Duane - yeah, Yorkie sized doggy area. But a really nice neighborhood for critter walks. I am sure you guys will enjoy your visit :)

Reg - it's our retirement pad. So dates are a bit fuzzy.

Jim

MC9

When we built our retirement house here in N.MI. it is all kitchen and a place to sleep it off. You guys gonna eat out?

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Jim, Good looking design. Santha said we are moving in. LOL. Welcome South. Randy

4ever

Jim,

That is a good looking layout on the house. Like the community as well. Claire and I keep talking about moving south either TN or FL. Now you hvae us back thinking again.

Ted