Buying another Cyclone??

Wallace

Well we did it!!!
We just bought our new 3912 Cyclone on July 3rd 2009:D we camped about 3 times already and on our 4th camping trip we ran into a major problem.....:eek:
So lets see how am I going to explain this to you guys....:confused:
We went camping down in Hershey Pa and there was a RV show there that weekend and yes we went and looked at tons of rv's my wife and I went into a 2010 3950 and it was all over from there!:eek:
Long story short we just ordered our new 2010 3950 and it should be here the end of Oct.:D
SOOOO if anyone is looking for a great deal on a 2009 3912:)

Wallace

Yes it was... I am kinda glad they had it in a different area than the rest of the Heartlands.....otherwise the amount of sales they would have got may have put me out into Nov on a delivery date;):D

Wallace

What was the big difference that you saw that made you change?

For me it was the Full Throttle graphics and electric rear jacks...
For my wife it was the garage area now looks like part of the living area...and the open floor plan..
We love our 3912 but after having it for a couple months how in the world can you possible use up that many cabinets...
So with the 3950 not having cabinets over the counter it makes the living are look so much bigger.
The bathroom and fridge in the garage was not a decission maker just a plus.

We went to the show to check out the venders I was looking for rear electric jacks, a convertable rear bed/couch and table inserts.
These were the items my wife and I discussed over the last month on what we were going to purchase to upgrade our 3912.
I also call Heartland to get a price and order the new graphics.

So it looks like everything we were looking to do was already done.

porthole

Retired
I really like the 3950, but it is the extra bath that I like. Great for guests or those times when the main is occupied.

Our 3010 would be a 3950 if it didn't require a bigger truck.

dieselsweetheart

I wish the dieselengineer was as easily swayed as you Wallace...I'd be sitting in my kitchen looking out at my new BH 3670. Oh well, maybe after the Alaska cruise next year we will have some $$$$ left over~

combine_billy

We love our 3912 but after having it for a couple months how in the world can you possible use up that many cabinets...

Oh they can be filled, I guarantee.

I do like the rear elec jacks, but one disadvantage is they are not independent. Almost all the camping we do is in the boondocks, so we never camp on a level spot. I wish the elec jacks had a button on each side.

I think Heartland made a major improvement from 09 to 10 with the door between the garage and the living area and with the new FT graphics.

Good luck with the new rig.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
CombineBilly wrote...."I do like the rear elec jacks, but one disadvantage is they are not independent. Almost all the camping we do is in the boondocks, so we never camp on a level spot. I wish the elec jacks had a button on each side."

They may not have indepedent switches, however unless they use something different on the Cyclone than on the Bighorn, they do work as though they are independent. Ours come down, one touchs the ground first and waits for the second one to touch...once they both make contact they "lift" in unison...so unlevel ground is never a problem...:confused:

2010augusta

I believe that billy is wishing to use the stabilizer jacks to level the trailer, not just stabilize. Since the rear jacks maintain equal pressure, they will not help to level the trailer.

jbeletti

Billy,

I verified with the factory that we use the same electric rear stabilizers on the CY as we do on a LM/BH. They work as Kathy states and they are for stabilizing as Alan states.

So when you are on uneven terrain, one foot will drop down until it touches the ground, then it stops and the other foot comes down until it touches the ground. So it does not matter how uneven the terrain is. Then the both lift together.

You will need to level your RV out front to back and side to side before using the rear stabilizers.

Jim

beasleyrl

Speaking as an owner of a 2009 3912 with electric rear jacks, I can attest to Jim's response. They work exactly as he described! We've never had a problem with uneven ground but they won't level... just stabilize. In fact, the sticker says 400 pounds max weight on them. Don't ask how you are supposed to know when you have put too much weight on them.