Winterize lever

sun4us

Hi, I have a new 2010 Bighorn 5th wheel 3670RL, there are two levers I see for winterization. One is the hot water bypass, that I understand and is referenced in the owners guide. There is one below the bypass valve that just says winterize, it is not mentioned at all in the owners guide.

I do not know when/ or what to use this lever for as far as winterizing. Does this make sense? Thanks!

jbeletti

sun4us,

The bypass valve that has a Normal and Winterize position is what is used to have the water pump suck RV antifreeze into the water system.

So, bypass the water heater, remove water pressure from the hot water lines, pull the anode rod to drain the water heater, pull out the winterizing hose from the UDC, drop it into a jug of RV antifreeze, turn the valve to Winterize and turn on the pump. Pump antifreeze through all water using devices (faucets, toilet, washer, icemaker, black tank flush, outside shower etc.).

Jim

johnjoanw

Jim, I'm not sure how to get water thru the black tank flush, since this is a connection that normally goes to the city water supply. Is there an internal fresh water connection to this?

I have a 2010. It came winterized. So to dewinterize do I do the same thing I did with my old Dutchman? All I did there was hook up the city water and flush. After flushing I turn the bypass valve off. Anything I'm skipping?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Enolacamper, one thing you will have to do is put the winterizing lever to normal operation, then turn on the water at the faucets. After the pink stuff is out turn the water heater bypass valve to normal. You will have some pink stuff left in the water pump unless you run clean water through the pump using the winterizing pickup hose in the UDC.
I think.

Peace
Dave