Issues

Idoliii

Bought 2010 Bighorn 3055, Apr 09, TravelandRV, Langley BC. Jul headed to east coast, aroung Montreal/Vermont area noticed both rear tires wearing on the edges (left on inside/right on outside). Horizon LussierRV outside Montreal checked the axels out (welds/measurments), contacted Heartland & Lippert, who determined it was a air pressure/weight distibution thing. 800 miles later in NS the rear axel almost fell off. I could move the U bolts by hand. There is a number of things about this unit that has to be fixed. As we are heading to AZ for the winter, I plan on stopping at Elkhart on the way. (Not our original plan) I've been trying to arrange something through Traveland/Heartland a contact person or ph number at Heartland, but nothing so far. ill be in Elkhart area about 5 Oct 09.

jbeletti

Contact Heartland Customer Service by phone at 877-262-8030. Have your VIN ready. Let them know your dates in Elkhart. They may be able to get a service appointment setup for you at a service center for our local dealer. If Lippert needs to be brought in, the dealer's service center can bring them in.

Jim

wdk450

Maybe this is the U Bolts

There have been several posts on the spring U-Bolts stretching and losing specified torque on nuts due to suspected metal problems. I had mine replaced as part of a spring/equalizer replacement job several weeks ago.

geeksrus

There have been several posts on the spring U-Bolts stretching and losing specified torque on nuts due to suspected metal problems. I had mine replaced as part of a spring/equalizer replacement job several weeks ago.

How much torque?

Eh!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Attendees u-bolt torques were checked by Lippert at the rally in Goshen. The number I was given is 65 ft. lbs.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I might have been mistaken about what the guy from Lippert told me or had a case of CRS. After all it was a week ago. When he comes to install the springs I will firm it up as to what it is then. I'm am getting new "U" bolts. This thread just might have answered my question as to why the axle slid back but the "U" bolt nuts where still tight.:confused: Hope these hold. Bob