Heartland is the best

rgirouard

Bought my new Bighorn 3610RE on June 10th, 2009 in Batavia, OH. From there we traveled to Minnesota and spent 2 months in rather cool weather. On the way back home to Alamo, TX, we stopped in Clinton, MO at Cozy Corner RV Park (very nice).
I raised my trailer and unhooked the truck. Lo and behold,
I could not lower it as my right landing leg would not go down. I had no idea what was wrong, it was very hot and I was very frustrated. So I called Wilder RV (5:30) out of Clinton and they came out with their service truck.
Well all that was wrong was the bolt that attaches the square rod going from the motor side had fallen out, thus no drive to the right leg. He put a new bolt in. Cost me $83.06 which I gladly paid. Of course the next time if this happens, I will know what to do.

On August Sep 13th I sent a letter to Heartland explaining what had happened and requested a check for the work done. Well, today (Sep 25th) I received a phone call from Gary at Heartland and he told me the check was on its way. Thank You Gary and Heartland.

Also, when I got home, I had to take my trailer to Ron Hoover in Donna, TX for other warranty work. Slam baggage needed to be replaced, slides would not go in without stopping (was bad 45 amp CB), Rear day/night shade had left side was hanging by a single thread and ready to break (they restrung it), and I had two bad speakers on the Home Theater system. Vacuum cleaner had no suction - hose was not connected to outlet under the stairs - they had to remove the stairs, make the hole bigger and put it back together. Great service from Hoover.
Sorry for being long winded but I was impressed with both Heartland and Hoover.

dsavoie

Roger,

I had the same thing happen to my Bighorn 3055RL this summer. I figured out what had happend and replaced the bolt that had come out myself. It cost less than $1 from Home Depot. If that happens again, you can fix it yourself with little hassle.

DIck Savoie

nemo45

Glad to hear you got such great service from Ron Hoover in Donna TX. We spend the winters there about 1 mile from his dealership there. That bolt falling out happens a lot. Have a friend with a Torrey Pines (same price range as the Landmark) that is has happened twice to. His has sheared though. I told him he's probably too heavy uo front for one motor and should put another one in. They have a kit for that.