Slide Caulking

sunriverman

When I extend the slides on our new MK 2900 I continually am getting grey caulking sticking to the sides of the pushout as well as the dinette window.The caulk was factory installed and then over-coated with a white caulking. Seems like the white peels off and the grey is a mess on the rubber seals and then sticks to the slide-out wall. Any one else trying to solve this mess.WD-40 will dissolve the caulking but we shouldn't have to be doing this process. Suggestions?

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
When I extend the slides on our new MK 2900 I continually am getting grey caulking sticking to the sides of the pushout as well as the dinette window.The caulk was factory installed and then over-coated with a white caulking. Seems like the white peels off and the grey is a mess on the rubber seals and then sticks to the slide-out wall. Any one else trying to solve this mess.WD-40 will dissolve the caulking but we shouldn't have to be doing this process. Suggestions?

Sounds normal...clean it off with a clean towel and apply a no stick agent like......Rejex I use it on the fronts of all my rides.
http://www.pilotshop.com/rejex-surface-polymer-treatment-16-oz-p-2154.html

Attachments

• PICT0017.JPG
    PICT0017.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 7