We finally did it!

DW_Gray

Well friends, Amy and I are officially full-timers now. Well for at least a year. If someone had told me last December when I bought my first RV it would take 8-9 months to prepare for this trip, I'd probably had second thoughts.

You all can follow our adventure by reading our travelogue at http://graystarcity.info.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Congratulations Dave. Safe travels to you. I just visited your travel blog site. Very Cool! Amy sounds like a wonderful person.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dave and Amy, thats great news. Glad the Cyclone is good to go now. Stay in touch. Bob & Pat:D:D

DW_Gray

Thanks all. This is our last day at Beale AFB in CA. Tomorrow, we'll head up to the Mount Shasta area for a few days, then on to Portland, OR.

Ratowns

Congrats

We have been full timing for over a 1-1/2 years now and we absolutely love it. It's almost like being on vacation year round.
Good luck,

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
We have been full timing for over a 1-1/2 years now and we absolutely love it. It's almost like being on vacation year round.
Good luck,

We're fulltiming AND I work - My wife tells everyone she's on 'Permanent Vacation', while I just apologize to her for having to work on vacation! :( Still great though! :)

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We started fulltiming on Oct. 8 2007. When we get back to Dallas the trailer will have gone 8053.2 miles. This does not include the miles put on the TV. We did a lot of Day Trips. Many about 200 miles.

We plan to do it as long as we can. Infact I am trying to get the DW put wheels on my casket and tie it to the back of the 5er and keep on truckin...

BC

rick_debbie_gallant

Bobcat:

That is to risky, no seat belt and no lights and no control. I will just have deb put my ashes in a box and keep me on the dash. When ever she sees a nice spot she can just drop some of them there:D

We've been full timing for a year now. It's really crazy to hook-up your trailer and where ever you go, home is behind you! Love it!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
This thread just made me realize we've been fulltime four years TODAY!!

Moved into our then TT on October 1, 2005...we're now on our second, and best of the lot, 5th wheel...our 3600RL Bighorn, and couldn't be happier! Can't imagine ever going back to a stick-n-bricks...don't need all that room and maintenance stuff.

Looking forward to tomorrow...it's the start of our 5th year on the road. We too are still working, running our business doing shows all over the country. We plan on probably stopping that at the end of 2012 (once this beast of truck is paid for), that's when we will REALLY get to travel and see this country....:D

I will say, one of the hardest things is to realize you are NOT on vacation...no need to run from place to place, traveling everyday. That gets old...take time, slow down and enjoy...:)

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Ray be careful what suspension and tires you put under the coffin. Something might fail and you could be killed. :eek: Bob:p:rolleyes: