Oven/Stove Igniter

pslincs

Got a question for anyone out there, we have an '09 Cyclone, it has a standard oven/range top, propane that is. But you have ignite the oven and stove top with a lighter manually. Kinda wierd that such a nice trailer would not have a push button electronic igniter. Its a pain to lite the oven. Does anyone have a suggestion, over than buying a new unit, on "upgrading" an igniter to this system??>>>>>>

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
If the stove is the same as in my 08' Bighorn, and I can't believe that it isn't, the igniter is the knob all the way to the right...turn the knob for the burner you want lit to "lite", then rotate the igniter knob in the direction of the arrow (right). You will hear it "click" at each turn and the burner you have "on" will light. As for the oven, they all have to be lit with a "match" the old fashioned way. Haven't seen anything completely automatic that isn't in a very high end motorcoach.

Last edited:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Our stove top has 5 knobs. The far right knob is the igniter. Rotate to the right to ignite the desired burner after turning on the desired burner. The oven is manually lite with a match.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
No AUTO lighting anything on my stove or oven. Got a long lighter close and handy! :)

I just went to Heartland's website and checked some interior photos of both the Cyclone and the Bighorn...and I'm stunned. The Cyclone stoves only have 4 knobs, the Bighorns have 5....which means the Cyclone does NOT have the igniter...now that's odd!!!:confused:

pslincs

Its very odd that such a nice trailer doesnt have the igniter knob, oh well guess we will just have to keep using the long lighter, its just kinda of wierd anyone would even build an oven without it, you go to home depot and even the cheapest bar b q's have the igniter button......