Macerator pumps

nhunter

I am looking at pumps to pump black and gray tanks without moving the unit. Anyone have any expirience with macerator pumps or sewer solutions?

ct0218

I bought a system thru CW a few years ago that has worked great. I've used it for 1 1/2 years full time and never had a problem, uses no electricity, no motors to wear out either. It is a water-powered system that uses a jet of water to break up the sewage and pump it down a garden-hose sized line to the hookup. No more large hoses to haul around AND it will pump uphill. I had to pump 100 ft with a 2 foot head for most of that 1 1/2 years. Bought the extra 10 feet of hose and connected it to 1 inch pvc for that long run. Sure is easy, less bulk, and the only drawback is that it takes a few minutes longer to dump. It's called Sewer Solution, item 16617, $95, and I suggest getting the 10ft extension.

nhunter

Clark, will it work with the 40psi that the water pump puts out or is higher pressure required. That one sure is cheaper than the macerator pump. I was thinking of getting 200 feet of the 1" flat hose you can roll up.

ct0218

The way it works is you have a second hose designated strictly for this use (no contamination, even though it comes with a backflow preventer) that is connected to your water hookup before it gets to your coach. I use a Y that has cutoffs on both legs, and a 25 foot section of hose. I have never had a problem because of low water pressure in any CG, and my sister and 2 brothers-in-law also use this since they saw mine and none have had any problems either. As a side note, on the other leg of the Y I have a house-type pressure regulator on a 6 inch piece of hose, then my water supply hose for the coach on the other side of the regulator (reg set at 50 psi). I have had macerator pumps on boats and that was one headache I don't need again. By the way, there is a clear section where the waste goes down the hose so that you can see what is happening, and the jet swivels 90 degrees to spray up the coach drain if you like.

BigBlue

BigBlue
I've had a macerator pump for a year now. I use it in those campgrounds where you have to pumb uphill or the sewer outlet is more than 20 ft away. It works great. I've had no problems. It does take a little bit more to set up and that's why I don't use it all the time.