Brake issues

NSNorthtrail

Hi All,
Was pulling into the campgroung this weekend when I noticed my ABS and parking brake lights(Seperate lights of course)were stuck on in the dash. I then noticed that I had no electric brakes on the camper. The light on the brakecontroller did not come on when I pressed the truck brakes. When I applied the manual lever on the brake controller the light DID come on and the brakes on the trailer DID work. When I got home I plugged the camper into another vehicle that has a 7 way and the electric brakes worked fine on the RV. So.... my problem is obviously with my truck's system. Could it simpy be a sensor issue orsomething more serious?? Thanks in advacne for you thoughts.
Peter

jnbhobe

We need some more information. What controler do you have? Do the stoplights on the dodge work? A bad stoplight switch could be the problem, I think most controlers use a signal from the cold side of the stoplight switch. Use a ground probe or a meter to test for power. Let us know what you find. Jon :confused: :confused: :confused:

2010augusta

I had a bad taillight bulb (not burned out) cause a lot of grief in my old '94 F-350, caused the turn signals and cruise control to stop working the tail lights worked just fine. Replaced the bulb and everything started working again. The only way I ever found the problem was to think back to any changes I did before the problem started. I had just put a "new" bed on the truck to replace the wreck one that was on the truck when I bought it, and I had to install a new tail-light assembly and bulbs. The wiring was reused from the old bed, so the only electrical change was the new tail light bulbs. put another set in and voila everything worked again.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Start out simple. Open up the fuse compartments and look for a burnt out fuse. My last truck had its tranny stuck one winter day in 4-HI and would not shift out of it. Expensive mistake to drive it to the dealer to find a $5.00 fuse had blown.

Jimmyt5

Had a similar problem on Dodge and the fuse under the hood was gone, replaced it and all has been well for 5 months..:D

NSNorthtrail

FIXED!!! The stoplightfuse was blown. Put a new one in and right away everything was corrected. This forum is amazing! Thank you to everyone who took the time to reply with your respective suggestions.