slides grinding - streel on steel

Barry & Alana

What do you use to maintain the lubrication on your slides?

We have used - sprays - silicone - and everything else on our slides. They are so noisy - steel on steel - ug - the sounds are horrible. :cool:

Coming in our going out - the sounds are the same.

Looking forward to some good advise.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
hi B & A
I have used dry lube on my slide mechanism. Still squeaks and groans though, but does not grind

2010augusta

I was told Not to put anything in the slide mechanisms. Just to try to clean/dust them before retracting. Any lube/grease will trap dirt and debris in the track and it will not come back out. You could have sand/gravel caught in the mechanisms causing the grinding sound.

Barry & Alana

We were wondering if that was the case - dirt grime build up - the bedroom slide is quiet compared to the other 2.

Thx for the info.

Uncle Rog

I use the dry-lube as Rand does, it does not attrack a lot of dirt and controls the surface rust.........I have been tempted to go a step further but as long as the mechanisms look good and are working well I have been able to fight the temptation!

Tom of Ypsi

At the Goshen Rally I was told by Lippert Mfg to use CRC lube. Our slides were a capground attention getter. A couple of squirts on each mechanism and no more squealing.

Uncle Rog

Last edited: