RV Service Experience? We'll see tomorrow...

C

Campin_with_kids

Two days ago we were heading out on our last camping trip for the season and as we pulled down the driveway, our full Fresh Water Tank fell out the bottom of our North Country Trailer!!! Fell out right onto the highway! Has this happened to anyone else out there:confused:
We have a 2008 North Country 26BH. We purchased it new from Paradise RV in Red Deer, AB Canada in May 2009. We love our trailer, and have been very happy with everything so far....we are hoping this can be resolved & fixed pleasantly....Will keep you posted!

Rigmover06

Pairadise RV....

I wish You the best of luck dealing with them. I know I personally did not have any luck with them.

C

Campin_with_kids

Good Experience with Heartland.....

Bad experience with Paradise RV in Red Deer.

Just an update, our North Country is actually a 2009 26BH (I typo'd that a few days ago)
Thank You Heartland for the quick warranty service approval. :)

On Tuesday, we dropped our trailer off at Paradise RV in Red Deer, they had a look, and figured out that the Fresh Water tank brackets that hold the tank in were spaced a bit too far apart and the tank 'wiggled' out. Paradise contacted Heartland for the warranty approval, and had our unit put back together by Wednesday! We drove it home 40 km this morning, tested out our Fresh Water tank....and....it leaks :mad:. I guess when Paradise fixed the tank, they did NOT fill it with water to see if everything was good...argh. Anyway, we drove it back in (40km) for service. I'm thinking they will need to replace the whole tank, as it is leaking on the spot where it dragged on the pavement when it fell out.

:confused:???Is it just me, or would it be common sense for Paradise RV to fill up a tank they just hooked back up, and test it for leaks...It would take them about 10 minutes to do this...Forgive my sassiness.???:p

I will keep you posted, anyways it there is no reflection on Heartland for this oversight...:)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
:confused:???Is it just me, or would it be common sense for Paradise RV to fill up a tank they just hooked back up, and test it for leaks...It would take them about 10 minutes to do this...Forgive my sassiness.???:p

I will keep you posted, anyways it there is no reflection on Heartland for this oversight...:)
You would think!!! I'm not sure but I think there is a kit available to repair these tanks. They are normally rotation molded PE and can be "patched". Best of luck .