trying to obtain spare tire wand

bob hyder

I had my Cyclone in at the dealer for about 5 weeks getting the little warranty items fixed. At the time I asked the dealer to get me a spare tire wand. When I picked it up and asked about the tire wand their response was that they are waiting for it to come from the factory. It's hard to believe that it takes over a month to ship it to the dealer. The dealer I use is Funtime RV in Tigard or. I'd also like to know that when the dealer did some repairs on the trailer underbelly they cut the underbelly cover in several places and when finished with the repairs they used tape to hold the underbelly together. I'm just afraid that over time and over the road (wind and all) that this won't hold. I don't want this to come apart after warranty is out and have to replace it myself. Any input from the factory would be great on both matters.

Thanks all, this is a great forum. I have used many of the ideas I've gotten from the many posts here and it is nice to see sometimes that I'm not the only one with the same problems.

Bob

Scott

Cyclone Answers

Don't know what was happening with the spare tire wand, but I will check into it. On the underbelly repairs, we are reviewing a new peel and stick black darco type product that can be cut to size and covers well.

ST

bob hyder

spare tire wand

Thanks Scott for the quick reply. When you find out anything about the spare tire wand, please let me know. It seems that the dealer did a good job of putting the underbelly back together. They used some kind of tape that was about 3" wide and it seems to stick very well. It almost has a carbon fiber look to it. Hopefully I don't have any problems with it. Let me know how the review goes with what you're testing. I might like to buy some as a back up.

Thanks for all the help, Bob

nhunter

I have a Bighorn and when travelling in the rain the other day I stopped and did a walkaround. To my suprise there was a piece of black painted duct tape dragging on the ground. It was used to join 2 sections of underbelly so I would be interested in getting this special tape. Where is it available (name brand / type) at Scott?

Scott

It is carried by Arrow Distribution in Elkhart. The product is called Flex-Mend. It comes in either a 28" x 25' roll - (their part #42016) for $49.00, or in a 4" x 180' roll - (their part #420174) for $62.37
Their number is 574.264.1006
I am going to see if we can get some here in our parts department - which would allow our dealers to order, say the 4" material in much smaller lengths.

So - you can buy some direct from Arrow for the above specs. or wait a while and get say, 10' through our parts department.

ST