Power Converter Warranty

navyAZ1

Does anyone know the length of the warranty on the Progressive Dynamics power converter we have in the BH?:confused:

AL KADEY

ALLEYKAT&MOMMAKAT
Our converter went in our 06bh and as second owners had no waranty (unit was only 10 months old,) and the extended waranty we purchased tried to put onus on progressive as original converter carried a 2 (two) year term

jbeletti

From the Progressive Dynamics website:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8. What is the term of the converter warranty?
The Progressive Dynamics new converter warranty is 2-years and is determined by the date of purchase of the RV.
[/FONT]

lbhayden

Lynn

Mine quit after 14 months. They were good to deal with but after 1 year you have to replace it yourself. Replacing it is easy but in my '09 BH 3250, you have to remove basement contents and remove the angled wall because it is located below the shower.

This is the way they do the replacement; they send you a new one BUT you give them a credit card to cover it's cost. When you send them the old one they determine if it is faulty. If it is faulty, you will not have a charge.

lwmcguir

We have had eight campers and kept most of them plugged in most of the year. Never had a converter go bad. They must not be made as well now as I have seen many post about bad ones. These were all loaded units and we used them quite a bit.

rvv

If you are out of the warranty period, call progressive dynamics anyway. They can sell you a factory rebuilt unit for substantially less than a new unit. As described above, they will send you a replacement unit; then you ship your defective unit back to them. I had my rebuilt on the second day. Have your credit card ready when you call! Hopefully you are still under warranty. Good Luck. rvv