Freestar tire question

palebluedot

I crawled under the Bighorn today doing a little routine inspection of the axles/suspension/tires. Noticed a little uneven wear on the tires. It only has about 5K miles and the little rubber tips on the outer edge of the tires are not wearing exactly even - no big deal. I have not had any problem towing(can't feel any vibration in the truck), but decided to pull the wheels off and have them balanced since they are not from the factory. The local tire store says they sell a lot of Freestar large truck tires but these were the first G rated ones he has seen. When they put them on the balancing machine they discovered they are out of round and it would take 9 oz lead weight to balance it out and suggested I try to get them replaced under warranty. I called my dealer who called Heartland and was told I had to contact Freestar. I don't have a number for them yet. Has anyone had any similar problem with Freestar tires and do you have a phone number for them?

pickuphunt

Balance tires

I have posted this before, but it is worth repeating. When we arrived on our first trip to Corpus Christi TX from Minnesota we noticed that both nuts that hold the toilet seat were laying on the floor. Also the screws holding the counter extension were working their way out. I put everything back together.
We got back to MN and one of the nuts on the stool was off, the other loose. It should be noted that we DID NOT FEEL ANY VIBRATION IN THE TRUCK. I took the tires off one by one and took them to my tire dealer. It took 8 -12 oz to balance the tires - way too much. With my dealer's help, the tire manf. replaced all 5 tires. I immediately traded them for 5 GoodYear G rated. It only took 2 to 4 oz to balance the tires. If the unit vibrated enough to loosen the nuts and I couldn't feel it in the cab, how much was being shaken in the unit. I will never again take a new unit any further than my tire dealer to have the tires balanced before taking a trip.

jbeletti

PBD,

Try this: Tredit tire at 574-293-0581 and ask for Kelly.

Old info but may still be accurate.

Jim