Bathroom faucet

Bobby A

My finish seems to be holding up all right but when I turn the hot water on it squeeks. I got a new one for when this one finally takes a dump.

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
My unit had the finish to start coming off, I contacted customer service sent them a picture of the fixture and a replacement was sent out. All better....:D !

jimtoo

My finish seems to be holding up all right but when I turn the hot water on it squeeks. I got a new one for when this one finally takes a dump.

My bathroom sink faucet squeaked like crazy when hot was used, it was replaced and worked great for 2 weeks, now squeaking again. :confused: Guess these fixtures just don't like hot water.

Jim M

Bobby A

My bathroom sink faucet squeaked like crazy when hot was used, it was replaced and worked great for 2 weeks, now squeaking again. :confused: Guess these fixtures just don't like hot water.

Jim M

Thanks Jim,
Wonder if a heavy dose of WD-40 would quiet it down ???

jimtoo

No, it did not do anything for mine, silicone spry, wd40, nothing did any good. So I just wake up the wife when I turn on the hot water to brush my teeth in the morning.:rolleyes:

SmokeyBare

There's a few others that are pretty low maintance... but I'm thinking they squeak a little too...

Attachments

• pitcherpump.gif
    pitcherpump.gif
    4.5 KB · Views: 9

Bobby A

No, it did not do anything for mine, silicone spry, wd40, nothing did any good. So I just wake up the wife when I turn on the hot water to brush my teeth in the morning.:rolleyes:

Sounds like you been there done that Jim, thanks.

Thats a good one smokeybare !! I do remember those days

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired

Hmmmm...waking up Bette and you still have teeth to brush.....lucky.:)

johnjoanw

Now that you mention it, mine squeaks too. I call the factory tomorrow. I guess I knew all along that I would need to do that. Thanks for the replies confirming.

Retired CPO

We just replaced the original faucet in our BH for the same reason it's a cheep chinese product Heartland brough for the units. Today they have a real nice brushed nickel one, here is the item part number # 10824 cost $26.85 it was worth the extra sleeping time.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Jim, if I installed one of those, the ol' Horn would tip over. I have one but its a planter in the yard. Bob:D:D

DickO

GEEZZEE Mine squeaks too. 2010 BH Must be a reason the factory does not fix this. Maybe to remind us old farts that it is the hot water side. HMMMM

aatauses

Hi everyone,
Did anyone find a cure for the squeaky bathroom faucet (hot side)? Ours is really starting to squeak and just wondering if anyone has found something that may work.
Currently in FL for the wintaaa
al

Retired CPO

Yes, we finally did solve that problem. We replaced it when we were in Elkhart, IA at the parts department with a new $26 facuet, it lasted one month. I take from this experience it their suppliers. We replaced that one with a $49 metal (not plastic) one from an RV dealer - No problems since now over 2 months going. The RV dealer said that it's the internal plastics parts that wear fast or or not fitted correctly (China made). Good luck.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
BTW isn't China a Communist country? Isn't the US an anti-communist government? Why do we support a communist country by throwing so much business their way? Just some thoughts I would throw out there. Not meaning to hijack the thread. MHO

CrazyScotsman

I really think it has nothing to do with your faucets squeeking, I really thing it's your OLD joints.. ( OK I am taking cover now ) :) :) :) :)
only joking

4ever

I replaced minee with a Delta purchased from a local home center. Lot cheaper then an RV store. Just like the one in our house.

Ted