Sofa Bed Drawer Runners

5erWonk

We have always had a problem with the drawer on the sofa bed opening while traveling so we stuff a pillow under it. During our last trip we forgot the pillow, the drawer opened then a backpack on top of the sofa fell on the drawer which broke the drawer guides.

Looks like I need to replace both guides, so do I go through a Heartland dealer or directly to Flair?

Is it a relatively easy fix?

Thanks

jbeletti

5erwonk,

This is the reply from Tim Meade of Flair to you:

On this one, I would prefer you go through Heartland (877-262-8030) and then they will contact us, but none-the-less, in the end, you will be taken care of.

Thank you for the inquiry.

Have a great day!

Tim Meade
Sales Manager Flair Interiors
Goshen, In.
PH.- (574)534-2163 ext. 104
FX.- (574)535-0483
tmeade@flairinteriors.com

TXBobcat

Fulltime
5erWonk
I had a similar problem. The entire drawer came apart and I rebuilt the drawer and tried to put the rails on the drawer but I could never get the rails to line up properly.

So I took the rails off the drawer and the sofabed and put wheels on the bottom. Now it will roll in and out with no problem. I can also place a lot more in the drawer. It was limited to 50lbs. I actually put in to much so the breaking of the drawer was my fault. I like my drawer better than the one that came with it..

You might check out this old thread...
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=9915

geeksrus

When it happened to us, I purchased new rail kits from Home Depot. These were of a heavier material than the originals. A lot of limbo-ing to get them installed but they work well.
Also tried to get a better latch but couldn't find anything that worked well. Ended up using a VERY SHORT bungie (sic) cord that we attach to a hook on the back of the drawer & one on the frame. This limits the amount of movement if the drawer ever comes open when traveling.

Eh!

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
Mine went out the first week we got our BH. Dealer ordered the new slides from Heartland. When they arrived I wass going to put them on but the length was different and the wholes didn't line up. I called Flair, it seems the supplier to them send different length and they build with waht they get. Since I had to take the BH to get some work done I let the dealer replace them. If they go again I'll go replace then with a better quality.

Also had the 3 front bolts break. one sheered the other bend and broke. replaced all 4 with grade 8, no problem since.