Leaky Slide

nscaler2

We own a Bighorn 3055. It spent its first day out in a good rain storm here with the slides in the out position. We had a leak in the off door slide(couch and dinning table) that made the carpet wet between the edge of the slide and the reefer. Got a ladder out and looked at the top of the slide at the rubber gasket-slide that sweeps the roof of the slide and the gaskets that run down the sides of the slide. They all look ok. Even if we pull this thing to our dealer (120miles away), I doubt that they are going to see anything different than I do. What do we do about this. Thanks.:eek:

ChopperBill

When my slides are closed and you walk into the door you can see day light in the slide corner by fridge. Mines going back before I have the wet floor problem. You might check the seals at the bottom as road splash would be the culprit. Going to have them check all of them. Haven't used our BH and we are in a drought so no water problems yet.

Scott

Slide

If all of the wipes are touching the room properly, then it is going to take a closer inspection to see where the water may have come from.
We need to get it looked at to see if the room just needs adjusted, or if the silicone in the corner of the slide-out opening has a void in it somewhere.
I'm sorry you live 120 miles away from your dealer. Have you called them?
ST

nscaler2

Not much confidence

Scott,
Thanks for the quick reply. No, I have not called my dealer as of yet. Part of the reason is that I do not have much confidence in them. I really doubt that they have the where-with-all to find and repair the problem. To give you an example, on the day that we took delivery, we couldn't check things that drew much current, like the air conditioning, because they did not have a 30amp or larger circuit to plug the unit into. The best that they could do was to have it plugged into a 15amp circuit with a big long orange extension cord like you might use to power a weed eater. We camped that night in a place in town (Paola Kansas) and tried most of the things out ourselves, hooked up to 50 amp service at the park. They are nice people, however when it comes to their expertise in techical matters, I doubt they will be able to fix it. To give you an example of their lack of technical ability, that evening I discovered the DVD player was wired to the wrong input on the television. I repaired it myself. On the way back out of town we stopped to tell them how things went and the dealer said that it was a good thing that I was able to repair the DVD hookup, because he wouldn't have known how to do it. There is a Landmark dealer in Kansas City according to you web site. That would only be about 10 miles and probably somebody that knows what they are doing. Can I take it there please?:rolleyes:

Scott

Other Dealer

Yes, you always have that option. Though you will probably have to sweet talk them to get you in quickly - before their own customers.

ST