Bigger black holding tank ?

jambo.303

We are looking at the cyclone 3812 and really would like to have a bigger black holding tank (50 + gal).

We are 2 adults which like to go out in the woods for 10 - 14 days without having any services available. We just don't think 41 gal tank will be sufficient.

So... can you either put a bigger black holding tank on the rig or can you provide us with some evidence that 41 gal would be sufficient.

We are also wondering about the fresh water input in the docking station to manually add more fresh water, it seems to be too high and too difficult to access while holding a 5 gal water can.

Any insight into both issues would be greatly appreciated as we like everything else about the coach.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Don't know about the 5 gallon can to add water to the fresh water tank. There is a thread about putting water into the fresh water tank. Couldn't find it but someone will jump in and post the URL.

About the 41 gal black tank. Not sure how large ours is but we can go 2 weeks with out dumping. The gray tanks are a different story. Maybe a week.

Edmonton

I think I only have a 30 gallon tank in the North Trail and we made it 10 days this summer without dumping the black and there is 2 adults and 3 kids. I do try to use the outhouse during the day. If in the total boonies then there isn't an outhouse I know.

You could consider carrying one of those totes with you designed for this purpose. Then you would just have to carry it out with you when you leave.

David

Tom of Ypsi

We have a 45 gallon black tank in our Landmark and like Txbobcat said we can go 2 weeks without dumping. We could probably go lnger but we have to dump the grey tanks, 2 45 gallon tanks, after 1 1/2 weeks.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Per the Bighorn brouchure, each waste holding tank (black or gray) is 45 gallons. The fresh water tank is 75 gallons.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We have gone up to 17 days on the 45 gallon black-water tank without any problem...and we use quite a bit of water flushing to make sure we have no "pyramid" issues....can't imagine you'd have a problem for a two-week stay.

combine_billy

We are also wondering about the fresh water input in the docking station to manually add more fresh water, it seems to be too high and too difficult to access while holding a 5 gal water can.

Agree on this. After doing this on one trip I decided never again. So I rigged up a 30 gal tank with an electric pump on it. Works great.

I have gone a week with 4 people on the black and grey tanks and they handled it. Don't think it would for 14 days though.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
All you have to do is carry a "blue portable tank" with you just to be on the safe side. I have a blue tank which will hold 35 gallons.

Uncle Rog

We have dry-camped for over 14 days (just the two of us) and never had an issue with the black tank. We were consciencous with our on board usage and a big thing is washing dishes outside. We burn up 5 gals a day just with incidentals like the dishes. We have a transfer pump from harbor freight but a recent post here showed a battery operated unit that would be easier to use and work just fine. One other thing we use are 5 gal water bottles with a Dolphin pump, really handy and adds time to the main tank....we have used them for years, they used to be $15............

http://www.rvwholesalers.com/catalog/dolphin-water-pump-10-0270.html

truknutt

Committed Member
We are looking at the cyclone 3812 and really would like to have a bigger black holding tank (50 + gal).

We are 2 adults which like to go out in the woods for 10 - 14 days without having any services available. We just don't think 41 gal tank will be sufficient.

So... can you either put a bigger black holding tank on the rig or can you provide us with some evidence that 41 gal would be sufficient.

Any insight into both issues would be greatly appreciated as we like everything else about the coach.

Here's the thread that TxBobcat spoke of: h2o filler Using the water pump in the "Winterize" position and the external shower hose to fill the water tank is the way to go (Post #8)!

RnRCycloner

Have you thought about the Cyclone 3950? It has 1 1/2 baths two black tanks which will you 80 to 90 gallons holding.. It also has two grey tanks.