Campgrounds to National Rally Nashville,TN from socal

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi you'all, anyone have any good campgrounds to recommend heading from socal to Earp ot Havasu, and up to I 40 all the way to Nashville, TN to the 2010 Heartland National Rally and figure its never too early to reserve the best campgrounds along the way. Jim G already suggested Oasis RV Resort North of Amarillo,TX and I would like to hear of some good campgrounds along the way. Probably stopping in or near Flagstaff, AZ, Gallup, NM, Albuquerque, NM, Amarillo, TX, Oklahoma City, OK, and Little Rock, Arkansas before going to rally in Nashville, TN KOA. Then on to Louisville, KY, for the Good Sam rally, St. Louis, MO, Kansas City, MO, Sioux Falls, SD, Rapid City, SD, Cody, WY, Butte, MT, Lewiston, ID, or Clarkston, WA, Boardman, WA, Corvallis, OR, Florence, OR, Gold Beach, OR, Brookings, OR, Valley of the Rogues Natl Park, OR, Redding, CA, Calistoga, Ca (staying at Napa County Fairgrounds), Oceano, CA then home to San Clemente. I am not saying we won't deviate or go that exact route, but the most important stops are Nashville, TN, Louisville, KY,
Southern OR, and Calistoga. All other stops are for sightseeing and great campgrounds. Any and all ideas would be appreciated as this is a 2 month trip next summer that we are hoping to have a grand time. I know to check RV Park reviews and we will, but I would love to hear from Heartlanders that may have a special place to recommend as well as sightseeing landmarks, restaurants etc. that we shouldn't miss.
We are planning to hook up with some other Heartlanders on the way to the rallies, but after that we are on our own. Last summer went 51 days, for 5K miles, with only one mishap which was broken springs in OR. We did find a web site that has I-40 Jewels of Campgrounds, but always looking for new ideas. FyI, we also have RPI, Coast to Coast, Happy Camper, Passport America campgrounds to choose from.
Thanks in advance.

Jim/rsvl/AR

If you are interested in FEDERAL campgrounds (Corp of eng) there are some nice ones in Arkansas along I-40. Old Post Park Russellville - Toad Suck Park Conway - Maumelle Park Little Rock. That will be a start!

osims

bsims
Larry
If there is a way to reroute where you don't have to travel I-40 thru Oklahoma you would be better off and not beat to death. We have been thru quite a few states and that is by far the worst we have traveled.

Two Hands

Petit Jean State Park in Arkansas! Not far off the I-40 and just a great place to spend at least two nights. Reserve a full hookup space right on the lake. It can't be beat.