Countertop water filter?

sprehoda

Anyone installed a countertop GE carbon cartridge water filter.

We have one in our house and I want to take it out when we sell and replace the faucet with a soap dispenser and install the filter/faucet in a GC.

I would need to drill a 1-1/2" hole close to the sink.

The faucet is shown in the attachment.

Can this be done?

Attachments

• Filter.jpg
    Filter.jpg
    777.9 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dont know why not if you have the room under the sink. Personally, I installed 2 inline water filters in my UCD and hard piped them in. Both GE house under counter filters. $36.00 at Lowes and $70.00 at CW. Every water filter out there uses the same filter, I dont care who's name is on it. Get 1 regular and 1 charcoal. We still use only bottled water for coffee, drinks and making ice. It's CG water that bothers me, if its well water, not
city water.

Water in some areas of the country has lots of iron in it and a bad sulfur smell. The way mine is set up now, no water enters the coach except through the filters. My 4cts (for inflation) Bob:D:D

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I put my filters in a box that sits under the coach. Makes it easy to change filters, store hoses/fittings, and toss it into the basement when not in use. Snap on lid keeps critters and dirt out.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have the same thing as John. Well Sorta.. I have two filters I got from Lowe's. I set them on the outside under the body of the trailer. I hope to rebuild the box I have mine in similar to what John is doing.

I do this because the filters are bigger to filter the incoming water better. If there is a leak it is on the outside. When I get to Dallas for the winter 3 month stay we are using city water and filtering is not needed as much. If I used the filters during the winter of course they would freeze. So...

That is what I do..
BC

SilverRhino

Water Pressure Regulator

John;

What brand is your water pressure regulator and where did you purchase it?

Randy

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I got everything from "The RV Water Filter Store." (www.rvwaterfilterstore.com) The regulator is the Watts N55B w/gage. I picked that one based on some recommendations from the forum and the fact that it has the highest gpm flow rate. It's preset to 50 psi, too. The filters are RV-SED1 sediment filter and F1Pb carbon filter. Whole thing cost under $190, not including the PVC valve and box. I looked around the big box stores, but didn't see anything I wanted to go with. The filter housing and the regulator are the biggest cost.

For next season, I've remounted the regulator on the output side of the filters. The filters can handle high pressure, if it occurs, but I found that the small screen on the input side of the regulator got crudded up from whatever is in the incoming water supply.