Storage door suddenly closes

JHutson

we have took out new 245rl out twice and both times we were unloading and my wife just took something out of the storage area and the door come loose and hit her on the hand put a good bruz on it. This happend both times and I'm not going to rrepete what she said but it was something like #$%@^!&&@ %#^&%*#%%. I was woundering if there are other holders for the compartment? it is the large door on entrance side with only 1 holder on it's right side.
Thanks
Jeff

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
we have took out new 245rl out twice and both times we were unloading and my wife just took something out of the storage area and the door come loose and hit her on the hand put a good bruz on it. This happend both times and I'm not going to rrepete what she said but it was something like #$%@^!&&@ %#^&%*#%%. I was woundering if there are other holders for the compartment? it is the large door on entrance side with only 1 holder on it's right side.
Thanks
Jeff

If it's not holding, you might try adding one of the hold-backs like on the front entrance door. It has a "positive" connection so it won't accidently let go like the little clip ones they used to use....

D

Dave Willis

I've sent this over to our service dept. to see if they can help you.

Thanks,

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
We have had our BH for over 2years and never had that happen. I will say this, the little latch that holds it open wont take much movement with out the door falling down. Remember that the latch is spring loaded. If the door happened to be pushed up by anything it could disengage and let the door fall. I did bump the door hard one time and it hit me in the head. $#@*&^ that hurt.

Check the latch and make sure that the hook part is square with the door edge and not on an angle. Contact your dealer about this.

I never want to here &%#@%%! out of my DW either.

JHutson

thank you Dave, I pushed on the door with it lached with my finger about an inch and let go and it came crashing down. I do know that the door is not that heavy but I'm sure it could do some damage if was somebodys head. if you would like I can film it and send it to you.
Thanks for all the help.
Jeff

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
I can think of two different solutions. you can add a second one of those latches to the other side of the door. the other depends on the style of the door but you may be able to add a strut to the door. the weaker doors that are hollow can have a strut added to it, however, you have to install it with plenty of screws and I would use a silicone adhesive to assist. even with this you have to be careful of opening it too far and ripping it out.

JHutson

I like ken & Kathys Better that seems like a better idea and would hold better than the laches. I guess I'll have to buy one and install it. is there a part # of the one that is on the entry door I would like them to match.