Why an oven and convection oven??

sprehoda

As my wife and I talk about the future Landmark GC we will get she is asking why have an oven and a microwave convection oven?

I think she would rather have a cabinet where the gas oven would go.

The only thing I could think of is that the gas oven would be bigger and maybe you could roast a small turkey for Thanksgiving. No?

Can anyone offer an answer?

osims

bsims
I think you can order without the stove, I know Jim B. has a dishwasher where the stove goes. We use the conv. most of the time but she has used the stove on several occasions.
Bill

jpmorgan37

We wanted the extra cabinet space in place of the gas oven. In over 3 years of full timing, we have made out fine with the convection oven without the gas oven. My bride likes to cook and it's not a matter of not using the kitchen. We eat out no more than twice a month.

John

2010augusta

We too use the convection oven most of the time. I have used the gas oven for bigger things or when some thing else needs the microwave. If you need the "extra" storage, just put the pans in the gas oven when your not using it.

Paul_in_MN

The Half Time microwave/convection over can only be powered with electricity. Even though the cook top is LP, the oven is electric. And that may be OK if you are in campgrounds with enough electricity (like the 50 amp connection). However, if you are boondocking (as we often do) a gas LP oven wins...hands down, unless you have a huge generator. I know this was not adequately explained to us when we bought the 2010 Eagle Ridge. So, with knowledge you can decide what you want and how you will use it. Enjoy the great meals, with either system.

Paul_in_MN