dinette post ends came off

davelinde

We had our dinette set up for 6 months and when it came time to pull the posts out and slide in the slide... the plastic caps on the end of the two round posts broke off and stayed in the floor.

This was on my list of warranty repairs... but my local dealer took 4 months to finish my roof repair and when I picked it up they said "oh we missed that, sorry"... So I'm trying to repair it myself. Any ideas? I removed the entire cast base from the floor but that didn't help to get the cap out... if I could get the cap out I'd just glue it back onto the post (with better glue this time).

Anyone else see this? Anyone else repair it (short of getting a new cast base and legs)?

Rigmover06

Same Problem

We had ours do the same thing. When I did finally get the one out of the floor. I used Gorilla Glue on it. Now the other one has done it as well.
So then they both will be fixed.

davelinde

yep, I plan to gorilla glue mine... IF I can get it out of the floor.

How did you get yours out? I don't want to break it getting it out. For now I just slide the post back in and it works.

Rigmover06

Needle Nose Pliers

yep, I plan to gorilla glue mine... IF I can get it out of the floor.

How did you get yours out? I don't want to break it getting it out. For now I just slide the post back in and it works.
The wife was mad at me buuuut. I used needlenose pliers and a bit of silicone spray to get it to come peacefully instead of in pieces.

I stuck a small flathead screwdriver along the side to pry it abit so I could spray down there to get it to come out.

Wharton

We are thinking about getting a dinette in our Big Horn but really don't understand this post. Why do you need to take "posts" off when sliding in the dinette slide. We would really like to see some pictures of the dinette but Heartland never shows any. Would someone explain these posts and post dome pictures of the dinette please.Thanks

truknutt

Committed Member
We are thinking about getting a dinette in our Big Horn but really don't understand this post. Why do you need to take "posts" off when sliding in the dinette slide. We would really like to see some pictures of the dinette but Heartland never shows any. Would someone explain these posts and post dome pictures of the dinette please.Thanks

Try this picture. As you can see, when the slideout is closed for travel, the floor will close over the top of the table posts recessed receivers.

PIC of Cyclone Dinette