Which Truck

shaneandtammymoore

Shane & Tammy
This is an ongoing issue, just thought I would throw it out for discussion. I currently have a 1999 F-250 that I purchased new and it has been the best truck I have ever owned. I will probably buy new in the next few years and go with a dually. If Ford still had the 7.3, it would be a no-brainer for me. With all the new emmissions stuff though, I have been told that Cummins is the way to go because they already meet the new standards. I am not die hard anything, I like whatever works best and is going to be dependable. I know there are thousands of opinions out there so here we go.

Food for thought.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ya had to do it didn't ya. Opened that can of worms.:D I saw that ad for the 2011 F450 and even though I'm a Chevy/GM lover, that F450 is one nice lookin rig. Buy whatever your heart desires and can get the best deal on. They're all good!

2010augusta

i don't really want to go there, But i will tell yoU that, You need the Find a truck that yOu like, and will be able to pull and stop youR heartlanD safely.;)

DMitch

Shane, I think as far as emissions systems go you will see that Ford, GM and Cummins will pretty much have about the same systems untill some new technology comes along.

All the best,

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
i don't really want to go there, But i will tell yoU that, You need the Find a truck that yOu like, and will be able to pull and stop youR heartlanD safely.;)

I caught that subtle F O R D in your post. That was good.:)

lwmcguir

The new Fords will have the UREA injection system for emmissions. Will most likely be one to avoid at first until they have the bugs out of it.

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Thanks Dave, Another good reason to do your homework. It will be cheaper to have your truck service at Tony's then at the Friendly Old Reliable Dealer.

DMitch

Be careful what you buy because some of them you have to Fix Or Repair Daily.

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself. You guys made me do it, LOL

buckeyebob

chevrolet of course!!!most power,best fuel consumption,quietest engine,and i need as many people as posible to buy gm so i keep getting my retirement checks!!!!!!!!we just got turned over to pbgc.thanks to delphi!!!!buckeyebob

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I'd rather see my brother in a "Ho-House," than my sister in a Ford. Or is that the other way around???:D

C

Campin_with_kids

Here we go with an Excursion inquiry...

These posts are giving me quite a chuckle! Just a question-has anyone towed with an Excursion....I've been looking for one since June (I find our Expedition a little under-tough)... A good friend (who is also a mechanic, kind of handy eh?) said to go with a 7.3 litre diesel Excursion as opposed to the 6.0 litre....Any thoughts? Or are we better to go with a one-ton pick-up?
By the way we pull a 2009 North Country 26BH (GVWR 7100lbs) Which I know a one-ton is overkill, but we go through the mountains quite a bit!:rolleyes:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
chevrolet of course!!!most power,best fuel consumption,quietest engine,and i need as many people as posible to buy gm so i keep getting my retirement checks!!!!!!!!we just got turned over to pbgc.thanks to delphi!!!!buckeyebob

I did some contract work at PBGC at couple of years ago. Hope they're in better shape now than they were then!:eek:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Whatever you get you sure don't want it to be Found On Road Dead. But then again you can always but one from the Government Motor company.