Authorized Sevice Centers

Good morning all

Could someone tell me how many service centers are around the country or do you stick with the dealer you bought your 5er. Also I'm looking for a big horn dealer near or in North or South Carolina.

davebennington

Dealer

Hi,
You might want to try Bill Plemmons RV located in Rural Hall, NC GREAT dealer easy to deal with and above all they know what they are doing when it comes to RV maintenance. We brought our Landmark there and we did not have a truck yet (it was late coming in) They let us "camp in their lot not once but several times". For us it is a 2 1/2 hours trip away but well worth the effort.
Dave:D

BigBlue

BigBlue
You can find where the service centers are by going to the Heartland Manufacturer's site (http://www.heartlandrvs.com/) and do a search. They used to have a state search which I liked. Now you have to put in a zip code so it's more difficult to find the nearest dealer if they're not located in the zip code you're in. You have to get a map of zip codes and start searching.

ChopperBill

I just came back from a TC rally and also visited a few dealers for all types of RV's. After asking them about warranty and service work I came to this conclusion. ALL the dealers are getting real tired of being low balled by wholesale outlets! Warranty and service will be considered after that fact from what I could tell and the local buyers will be put at the head of the line. This does not include transient customers that are on the road, just local customers. Talking at length with one dealer he is getting beat out of deals that are quoted below their cost. It costs them a lot of money to run a service and parts dept. The sales manager even went as far as asking the owner to drop that line. I am the messenger so PLEASE DON'T SHOOT ME! :D I paid about $1800 more in price, including the low price and a couple of options I didn't get from the local dealer. Still I think I got a fair deal. After my first experiences I am DARN GLAD I did! I remember one quote "Service is remembered after price is long forgotten"
I know I hear about saving thousands of dollars even over $13,000 from one poster(has to be more to that story!) and I think that the wholesalers are keeping the dealers a little more down to earth.

How about some reports that bought long distance and tried service from the local?
Like I said. DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER! None