Winter Living

fulltimer

I purchased a Landmark Grand Canyon from RV's for Less and now I read in different forums that this unit might not be a good unit for full time living. Anyone care to comment.

jpmorgan37

Yes, I'll be glad to comment. Ours is working out exceptionally well for us. We live in it for the winter in Texas (September through early April) and then travel anywhere in the summer. We love our Grand Canyon. Is it perfect? What is. Is it a good year around unit? With the right accessories.

John

fulltimer

I appreciate your reply. We have selected all the appropriate options to try and make our home comfortable year around. My wife and I could live anywhere from Knoxville south and Alabama east. Mainly we stay in NC, SC and GA. I work construction and we move from job to job, so we could live in north GA or western NC in the winter.

jpmorgan37

You purchased from a great dealer. I highly recommend Butch and Karen. I would also say that the folks at Heartland are first class as far as standing behind their customers and their products. You are working in some beautiful country. Get to know your coach, your four valves in the water system, the three valves for controlling the slides, use the heat pumps if the temperature is above 35 degrees-the furnace is thirsty on propane, and check the temperature of the convection oven against the setting. Our first one was way off. Our new one is a little low but we adjust for that. I hope you got the dual pane windows. They work great in both heat and cold. Good Luck and enjoy,

John