Sewer accessory storage door

beardedone

Beardedone
Well we took our 09 Landmark to the Alberta rally and parked it beside an 09 Bighorn with the same floorplan. While I was looking across at it realized that there was a small storage door near the sewer dump that I didn't have on ours. When I asked my fellow rallier what he stored in there I learned it was for sewer accessories. I don't why the Landmarks didn't get this but it is a very nice idea. Has anyone added one to their Landmark? Mayber my trailer was supposed to have one and someone forgot it? :rolleyes:

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I saw the same thing and had two doors added to our Landmark. One on the door side and one on the off door side.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
So where do you Landmark owners put your sewer hose? I haven't used that storage place on our Bighorn in years. All our hoses and fittings go into a tote. I wasn't aware that they didn't put that door on the LM.

2010augusta

We have a factory installed storage tube under the trailer to hold about 20' of sewer hose, but the fittings have to get bagged and put in a tote. I would really like a small cubbyhole to put the fittings.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Our "Classic"2005 Landmark has that storage compartment,but it was originally intended to store a 5 foot sewer hose.Since a 5 foot hose is just about useless were we camp most of the time,I screwed 2 joints of 4 inch pvc pipes with screw on caps across the frame of our Landmark,1 near the sewer line and one at the rear.Then I kept my fittings in a seperate container.A couple years ago someone on the forum posted that they had taken the tube out of the sewer storage compartment on their unit,and used the compartment for their fittings.You can do this and still have the door on the compartment.Now I store all my fittings and a 5 ft hose in the compartment.For any of you owners that have the sewer hose storage compartment and want to do this mod.,I am sure if you do a search on the forum you can find how this was done.

jbeletti

We have a factory installed storage tube under the trailer to hold about 20' of sewer hose, but the fittings have to get bagged and put in a tote. I would really like a small cubbyhole to put the fittings.

Alan,

As a suggestion, consider contacting RV Capital Service Center and speaking to Randy Denton. Remind him of the 2 compartment doors he sold to and painted for Mark Comer. Ask him if he could obtain, paint and ship 2 doors and screws to you. You can then cut them into your j-wrap. You'll have to build a compartment behind the doors as well.

Jim

jbeletti

The classic Landmarks had a small external storage arrangement alongside the frame. In practice, it's pretty small.

I am here at the Illinois rally and saw what one owner has done. Keith Halsey (khalsey) cut out the back of the hose storage compartment and inserted maybe a 3 foot long section of 4" PCV, painted black with an end on it. Then he cut a plat th fit around the pipe at the compartment and pop-riveted it on. Nice job. I'll try to take a picture of it today before we all leave.

Jim

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Funny, I get 2-10ft sections of hose, joined with a union, the sewer connector, the sewer elbow, and a toilet wand into my compartment. Feed the hose in, compress and coil it (after a thorough rinse, that is). There's still a bit of room left, with all that in it. The only thing in my totes are spare fittings and extensions.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Ok, Ok you're right I should have done this long ago. Here are the pics of the mod I had done at RV Capital Service Center. I actually purchased the doors from a local surplus outlet for around $6.00 each. I gave them to Randy at RV Capital to have them painted and installed. They also add the J-wrap to act as a floor for the new storage area. They turned out pretty nice. This was a last minute mod that I asked them to do so I was lucky they took care of me. I was intending to do the myself and just aquire all the parts while there for the rally. Ideally I would have liked to have a wider door but I was afraid of what would need to be done with the paint. I wanted the door to be all one color. As you can see there isn't much room for the wider door without having to mask off some of it. The doors I have are 8-1/2" wide by 8" tall. I can put an extra sewer hose in there along with the clear 45 degree fitting and the adapter for connecting to the campground sewer. Although this is a nice size compartment it obviosly isn't for placing really heavy items with some additional reinforcement. Still a really great way to add additional space at a reasonable cost. Myaby Heartland will do this soon for the Landmarks.

By the way, I also added a second sewer tube that I purchased from Heartland. I believe these pictures are on HOG.

Mark

Attachments

• 000_0001.JPG
    000_0001.JPG
    393.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 000_0005.JPG
    000_0005.JPG
    382.1 KB · Views: 93
  • 100_0320.JPG
    100_0320.JPG
    393.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 100_0321.JPG
    100_0321.JPG
    369.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 100_0322.JPG
    100_0322.JPG
    384.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 100_0323.JPG
    100_0323.JPG
    397.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 100_0324.JPG
    100_0324.JPG
    338.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 100_0325.JPG
    100_0325.JPG
    424.5 KB · Views: 85

beardedone

Beardedone
I like that door even better than the one I saw at the Alberta rally. Thanks for the pictures. Now to gather parts and build the panels.

4ever

I have 2010 Bighorn 3410RE that has the storage compartment above the sewer connection. Like John Dar above I get my two hoses and all fittings into this compartment.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Heartland should also have the storage doors in stock as they put them on the 2010 bighorn 3670rl that i have.