Warping Cabnet doors

busted2341

Has anyone had a problem with the cabnet doors warping? We have had our 3055 since April and the cabnet doors throughout the coach are warping. Doors are now noticably warped to where the bottom of the doors don't even close flush....Is there a fix or did my coach just get some bad doors that I have to live with for now?:(

Wild Wind

We purchased our 3055 last Octomber,2005, being a carpenter/cabinet maker for 45 years, one main thing that sold me on Heartland trailer was the supieror cabinet doors and drawers with full extension slides for the value. I have had to redo the mounting of drawer tracks, but unlike the rest of the trailer, I have been very happy with the cabinets and have buillt extra drawers and picked up matching drawer fronts at the cabinet shop in Middleberry. The cabinet shop is very professional and will bend overbackwards to help you.
You do not say if only a couple of fronts are warping or if most of them are warping. If most of them are warping, I would felt what it is caused by environmental conditions. Is the trailer stored and shut-up tight? If so a sealed trailer in side is not good, we always crack open roof vents and a couple of windows. The cabinet company' phone number is in the back of the owner's manual.

busted2341

Well, I can say that we have used this trailer since buying it. I keep the A/C on when at home so it is never stored. The cabnet doors in the kitchen and entry are all warped to the point the doors have to be forced shut....I will contact Scott and see what his solution will be because we are travling until the end of July. I'll let him and the dealer work it out I guess. I sure want a rep to see this. Maybe it is a fitting problem...

jimtoo

Wild Wind,,,Since you were a cabinet maker,,, you have looked at the construction of the cabinet innards. What is your opinion of the construction of the framework of the base and drawer supports and material used. You may PM your reply if you want.
Thanks
Jim