Heads up on winterizing washing machine

beardedone

Beardedone
When it starts to get cooler in the fall I blow my water lines out with air just in case I don't back to it and we have a hard freeze. When we returned to properly winterize it I blew out the lines again and was surprised how much water still came out but the one thing that I was concerned about was the water lines going to the washer. After winterizing the machine and disconnecting the water lines (make sure you try to evacuate all the water from those lines) I attached a hose to the washer taps and was amazed at how much water was trapped in them. These taps are the high point of the plumbing system and I think that water is pushed there and trapped. Even if you put anti-freeze in, that water may still be trapped there. So it may be wise to do what I did or when putting anti-freeze in the lines still put the hose on both taps until you see anti-freeze come out.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Here are some instructions on winterizing the washer/dryer. They are essentially the same and mirror the instructions in the Splendide manual, or off their website.

Last edited: