Belly repair tape

Trap

I'm still nor sure that I'm sold on there underbelly design. It irks me that you have to cut ut open and repair it.

jpmorgan37

You don't. It's just the fast and dirty method. I watched the techs at LSI remove the underbelly cover to effect repairs on another coach. Mine had been cut and patched and the patches came off in the first rain that I drove through. I am in the process of glueing the seams and then cover them with 200 mph duct tape.

John

Trap

Wouldn't it be better to have a few sections of underbelly to make any repairs easier to do. Resealing a section shouldn't be that hard.

Trap

ChopperBill

I think I would prefer belly's in sections but when you think of it cutting a small section at the frame and pealing back at just where you need to get too doesn't seem like a bad idea. Unless you happen to miss your target! :eek:

ChopperBill

Apologies in order!

I made this post a while back about this tape. Was under mine last week and every piece was gone! I think someone pointed out on another post that it was the wrong tape. I should have listened. I saw the Nashua tape at Home Depot that everyone seem to be getting so I guess I will pick some up. When I first looked at it I didn't think it would work but I will go with the flow. I think it is what the dealer put on but didn't notice it because they spray painted it black.
The stuff I linked too probably would be good for that thin stuff that is holding the insulation. I got some tears in that so will try it out there.

5erWonk

Bill,

The Nashua is black....The white you see on the roll is the backing. I used it before my 2000mi summer vacation and its still holding.